“Crazy in the summer”

Ranked #22 of 60 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Coral Gables has been a place to go for me since the 60's Eating on the deck and watching the boats go by is a relaxing way to spend an hour. Food is OK.

Michael J, Owner at Coral Gables Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you. We sure try hard.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We wanted a restaurant with a view and The Butler closes its patio the day after Labor Day. So, we ate here. Dirty, run down, poor quality food.

Thank you for your opinion. I don't feel it is a fair review, but I am interested in learning where we can improve. Please contact me, Mike Johnson by email maj@datawise.net with suggestions.

Mike Johnson
Owner

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I first came to this restaurant as a child in the '60s. Today,I returned some 50 years later, and was thrilled that those childhood memories came back to life. I had the salmon,while others in my family had wraps. Our server, Ebben, thoughtful,great! Food, fabulous. View of the yachts from Lake Michigan docked. Perfect! Thank you for keeping her alive and well!

Thank you, for your kind review. This is our 60th year of the same family ownership. Please visit us often.

Mike Johnson,
Owner

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Good view. Close to shopping
Drinks
French fries. Very good
Service very good
Did not eat full course meal
So do not know

Michael J, Owner at Coral Gables Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you for the nice review. We hope you will come back and actually have lunch or dinner with us!!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I went here with friends for lunch. We were seated by a rude, unpleasant hostess. Although we were able to sit outside and enjoy the view, which was beautiful.... the service was to be desired. The food was ok. One of us got sick from the quinoa vegetable wrap....so sick, she called the health department to report it. With all the wonderful restaurants in town, I would definitely avoid this one.

Michael J, Owner at Coral Gables Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

This is Mike Johnson, and I am the owner of Coral Gables Saugatuck. I am very sorry about this bad experience and the least I can do is give you a complete refund. Coral Gables has been in our family for 60 years, and I take the situation very seriously. Please send the amount you spent, and your address and I will send you your money back. Send the amount to maj@datawise.net Sincerely, Mike Johnson