“Bar food meh and beeer”
Review of The Butler

The Butler
Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Basic menu; craft beer; crumby wine and no liquor. Unless you're really desperate or specifically want to try one of their beers, keep driving.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

The staff, the location, the ambience were all great, however my meal was really disappointing. I chose the fish dinner which was Perch. It was dry, crispy & totally over cooked. The French fries were just about warm & totally limp. Not one of our party of 4 left there in any way content with our food & as we are just visitors, we did not complain because the servers were so nice.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

This is the third time we have eaten at The Butler over the past 5 years when visiting the area, based on our friends' preference. Our friends tend to like to go to the same places. and we prefer to try new places, but we comprise when we meet up. Have been here for both dinner and lunch. Service is good and friendly, food is fairly good but not exceptional, and it has a nice atmosphere and view of the Lake Michigan. Had good seafood and prime rib dinners, and the next day, had good smoked gouda grilled cheese sandwich and cherry chicken and walnut salad .

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited very late in the tourist season for the area. The Butler was highly recommended by several local shop owners, but I found it lacking in all areas. The history of the Butler was the best thing on the menu. Our service was terrible, food took forever to reach our table and when it finally did it was cold. Sent several times back. Extremely disappointed that our fun family day trip was capped off by this terrible lunch.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

After a long day of site seeing, my wife and I decided to go to The Butler after our first choice of restaurants had a 2 hour wait. I had looked at some reviews the night before and it seemed like a good option for dinner. Let me just say, it was nothing special. We got there approximately at 8pm and had to wait 20 minutes to be seated...not bad for a Saturday night. We ordered the crab stuff mushroom caps and the spinach artichoke dip for our appetizers. The mushroom caps were VERY small and hardly had any crab stuffing. They were also drenched in butter and had A LOT of cheese covering them...presumably to hide the lack of crab. The artichoke dip had an overwhelming mayonnaise taste. I then ordered the perch basket for dinner and my wife ordered a simple baked potato. The perch had very little taste and my wife's baked potato was under cooked. Definitely not the quality food that I had read night before in a review. If you are looking for something quick and the typical bar fare menu, then this is your place. Otherwise take a pass...there are so many other options in town.