“Quaint eatery”

Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 18, 2018

It’s right on the corner in town, has great breakfast. Usually get a table with hardly a wait. Food is great!

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a late breakfast. You stand in line to place your order but you/others can go grab a table as you wait. Stood for less than 5 mins. Full menu for breakfast and lunch. I ordered two meals and we went upstairs and grabbed a table outside, 2nd floor. Nice place to sit, relax. 'Runners' bring your food out by calling your name within the seating area. Kind of quirky but it works. The Runner came back a couple of times asking if we were okay. The food was really good. Great biscuit. I had a Spanish scramble and my wife had the Ordinary. It was fairly busy but we received our food hot and within 15 minutes. I liked the place and would like to come back and try lunch.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Food is great , ambiance is sweet and on Sundays they aleays have a guitar player and its very sublime. Great place for breakfast.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in this simple and ‘kitchy’ restaurant for a quick lunch on a Sunday afternoon in August. We were glad we did! Offering sandwiches and drinks, with a very friendly and homestyle atmosphere, the staff is just delightful. We ate on the deck, and were happy to be entertained by a local folk singer and his guitar. The sandwiches were very generous, fresh. The breads were delish! Homemade chips were really tasty, too! This was a good choice.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

A couple next to us with infant and toddler ended up leaving because their little one started to cry. An older man came to their table and I heard the husband say quietly we will just leave. The man says you don’t have to leave just eat upstairs there is no one there. Really? The little one had cried for just a couple minutes and stopped while he was talking to them. I said to them - did he just tell you to leave and she said yes. The mom left with big tears in her eyes. I felt so sorry for them. It was mean and unnecessary. Very embarrassing and demeaning. We were sitting next to them and it didn’t bother us one bit. He came up to us as we left and said I didn’t make them leave but you know sometimes you have to make hard choices. The behavior of the man running the restaurant left a bad taste in my mouth. Will not go back. Food was unimpressive. $40.00 for breakfast for my daughter and I and her toddler. Plastic cheap outdoor tables and chairs used indoors. The order taker and waitress was very nice.

3  Thank TinaT525