Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
CheapTicketsUS$75
TravelocityUS$75
Orbitz.comUS$75
HurbUS$75
All reviews table games free night smoking room king suite pool and hot tub michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel on its great reviews. I’m wondering what people take as great about a hotel to rate this one great. And it’s not even covid related. Sure it sucks like everything is closed inside but still.....even without covid, I’d feel the same.

1. There is no fridge or microwave. Sure it didn’t list them but even the most basic $60 a night hotels and motels I stay at have them anymore.

2. There is no bathroom fan. Like why? There’s a heat lamp and it is the UP so I get that but no fan? So when showering I keep the door open and having to use the restroom is not pleasant with no fan. Who makes bathrooms without fans?

3. The beds are harder and not comfy

4. The lights, half of them were burnt out in my room

5. The wallpaper in my room is torn and peeling

6. The tv is lower than the bed so it’s very uncomfortable to watch

7. I hear everything in the hallways and that’s how I woke up in the morning

8. It’s hell to carry your luggage from the parking lot to the hotel. I didn’t find any carts and I won’t fault the hotel for that. People leave them in hallways and they have to always sterilize them so it’s a non complaint. But that walk with luggage sucks.

9. The gift shop is insane. I got a hoodie in town for $26 that the gift shop charged $49 for. I get the up charge but almost double? Insane

10. The service sucks. Maybe they had to downsize for covid or something but with the heavy check ins and front desk always slammed, we found no one to help us, but the temp check guy, who was awesome but didn’t have all the answers.

11. Nothing told me about a $50 deposit on my card at check in....

The check in people are great.
I did like temp check and mask requirement.
The exterior building looks good. Landscaping is great.
The check in was smooth and they even let me check in early.
The hallways are clean.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dawna LaLonde, Marketing at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2020

Hi lynniethegooner,

Thank you for your visit, rating and review. We are sorry we were not up to our usual standards. Your time, attention and feedback are appreciated. Your feedback will be reviewed by our Management Team. If you would like to speak with a member of our Management Team directly, please call Dan at 906-635-4968.

We do hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 11, 2020 via mobile

We decided our first venture since the onset of the Covid Pandemic would be the Kewadin Casino. Everyone wore masks and no contact temperatures were taken. We booked a King Suite. The room was clean and spacious with very comfortable down pillows too! Coffee pot, microwave and tiny fridge in room. Our bed was pretty comfortable as well. We enjoyed the jetted spa tub that held two larger adults comfortably. Unfortunately the hot tub at the pool was not repaired. Evidently they awaited a part? There was a sauna. The type where you pour water over hot rocks. It was enjoyable. The pool was a bit chilly. All and all it was a nice time away. Wish the restaurants and bingo were open but the pandemic has put a damper on us all. The staff was very friendly! Specially the staff upon entering the casino at the hotel area. We donated to the electric bill this trip LOL

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank 569luaf

Hi 569luaf,

We are glad you enjoyed our sauna and King Suite with its jetted spa tub, coffee pot, microwave and small fridge. We are sorry the hot tub at the pool was temporarily closed for repair and that the pool temperature was not as preferred. Yes, our sit-in restaurant is temporarily closed, but our popular deli remains open per schedule. We will also have bingo again. Please watch our Kewadin website for updates. Your donation is appreciated and goes toward operating costs, tribal health and other benefits and services and contributions to our local communities. Your feedback will be reviewed by our Management Team. If you would like to speak with a member of our Management Team, please call Dan at 906-635-4968.

We appreciate your time and attention and do hope to see you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 31, 2020 via mobile

Nowadays, you get a non smoking room when you check in hotel as a default. But not this time! After we arrived 6th floor and walked in the room, the overwhelming smell almost choked. How could they assign us a smoking room without checking with us! Even we got a non smoking room later, the hotel staff should have the common sense when assigning a room to customer.

2  Thank Summer620
Dawna LaLonde, Marketing at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2020

Hi Summer 620,

Thank you for your patronage, rating and review. We apologize for the misunderstanding and that you did not enjoy this visit as much as we would have hoped for you. Because they are limited, non-smoking rooms are not set as a default and you are encouraged to request a non-smoking room while making reservations any time you want one. People who want non-smoking rooms generally make it clear that is what they want, so we do our best to accommodate as we did for you even after you had already arrived. Your feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our Management Team. If you would like to speak with a member of our Management Team, please call Dan at 906-635-4968.

Thank you for your time and attention. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 30, 2020

Absolutely fantastic !!! Wanted to go somewhere for much deserved r&r with hubby but wanted feel safe while doing so......this was the place. Reserved the King suite and it was great! Nice and roomy, clean and bath tub was huge! Had a microwave and mini fridge also. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and went above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. A shout out to Chris the bar manager for suggesting the the club sandwich at the deli! Had it twice while we were there ! Even though that was the only place to eat in the hotel, they have a full menu. Everyone in the area was so friendly as well. Wearing masks and social distancing was everywhere .Highly recommend this hotel and I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: King suite rocks!!!!
Date of stay: August 2020
Dawna LaLonde, Marketing at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2020

Hi mswsnyder,

Thank you for your visit to and 5-Star rating and review of Kewadin Casinos - Hotel in St. Ignace. We are glad you enjoyed your well deserved road trip and stay at Kewadin Shores Casino and Hotel. We are glad you also enjoyed the food available from our Deli and felt safe while having fun here at Kewadin. We are putting a lot of time, money and efforts into helping our staff and customers stay safe while having fun at Kewadin Casinos, so appreciate you sharing your positive experience and recommending us to others as a place to do that.

We appreciate your time and attention and hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 21, 2020 via mobile

We stayed on a Wednesday night with a last minute check in (at 4:00 pm). Front desk staff was adequate but far from hospitable. Staff handed me a small bag of room amenities (1 coffee, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 soap, 1 lotion ), my room key, and said elevators are that way. No "your room is on the 6th floor" no "have you been here before, no? Casinos are this way, restaurants this way, pool this way". Nope just "elevators are over there". Thinking maybe we would have information in the room, nope. Also no fridge or microwave in rooms.
Rooms are dated, beds are okay, bathroom is a decent size for hotel.
Signed up for rewards, not bad, we were given $13 in credits to use. My rep was really nice and informative on how to redeem credits. My friend said his rep did not give such a thorough explanation.
No tables were open, just slots. About 90% of the slots are penny slots, about 8% are nickel slots, and the other 2% is a mix of quarters and dollars, which you really, really, needed to hunt around for. Now I know with slots, the casino is gonna eventually take my money, but just let me play for a minute. My friend and I were laughing about how they seemed to let us win and play for quite a bit on the credits but soon as we put in cash the machines went cold lol.
Gentlemen working the deli were very nice and food was pretty good.
I'd probably stay here again but only if I came across a really good deal.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank iansmommy02
Dawna LaLonde, Marketing at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2020

Hi iansmommy02,

Thank you for your visit, rating and review. Your feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our Management Team. If you would like to speak with a member of our Management Team, please call Dan at 906-635-4968. Rooms can be reserved that have a refrigerator and microwave. We apologize for you not having been given more thorough directions. We are glad you enjoyed your food, bed, rewards and signed up for our Players Club. We expect you will be pleased when you see the rewards you are offered based on your level of play.

Thank you for your time and attention. We do hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!