Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
Free cancellation until 21-05-13
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$90
Priceline
US$95
Free cancellation until 21-05-12
Expedia.comUS$95
Hotels.comUS$95
Trip.comUS$100
All reviews hi express room was clean close to downtown great place to stay hot tub would stay here again up to date in town clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2020 via mobile

My stay was for three nights. All of the staff were helpful and polite. They made my stay even more comfortable. Everything was clean from the front door to my bathroom. The bedding was good and comfortable. Breakfast was impressive for covid 19 summer. Location, was close to downtown and interstate. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jacqueline Jones, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2020

slinvs,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Sault Ste. Marie MI Holiday Inn Express. I am glad that you found everything clean and comfortable during your stay. The staff here is all works very hard at knowing the area and keeping everything clean and sanitized for you, our guest. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Soo.

Reviewed July 23, 2020

Our son gave us the gift of a night in a nice Jacuzzi suite in the Holiday Inn here in Sault Ste Marie as a gift for our 42nd anniversary. His girlfriend is coming and staying here with him and his daughters, as our son is under hospice care for cancer and I am his caregiver. I was getting my little bag packed this morning when I received a call from the Holiday Inn. They wanted to know our address to complete the reservation. When I gave it, they said they were sorry, but they had to cancel our reservation because we are local. What???? The manager said they are not accepting any reservations for local people because of COVID!!!! I explained our unique situation about my husband and I not getting much time together at all, much less alone, with me being needed at our son's house for the past few months and continuing, and that it was our anniversary. That made absolutely no difference. Tell me, what difference does it make where someone is from??? If you are sick, not sick, have symptoms, don't have symptoms...everyone has to have a stupid mask on until in a private room and they are responsible for cleaning everything the same!!!!! Holiday Inn can kiss my butt! We will NEVER EVER use ANY Holiday Inn again!
Hampton Inn here in town doesn't have the Jacuzzi suite, but they have a nice room and are reasonable people so we are staying there tonight. They will get all of our business from now on.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank H6516GNphyllism
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2020

Hi H6516GNphyllism,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read about what happened to your reservation due to our local hotel policy. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I would also like to follow up on your concerns that is why I sent you a private message. I hope you get the time to read it and respond.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 18, 2020

We experienced the same issue as the previous review. I got an on line Quote of $95 (government rate) but then I was told we couldn't use the rate with out actually being there on business. I explained we had always been allowed to use our government rates in the past without questions and the manager agreed to meet us halfway and charge $110 instead of the $139 her clerk attempted to charge. We have stayed there because we liked the staff, the hotel and the location for snowmobiling. . It is an older hotel but we had been staying there for so long it felt like home. Not so much anymore. I won't automatically book this hotel, next year I will shop around.

1  Thank foolforatrip
Jacqueline J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2020

foolforatrip,

I apologize for the misunderstanding with booking the government rate online. The terms and conditions of our government rate are spelled out on the website for our hotel. That being said, I appreciate your graciousness in meeting me halfway on our rate. I am sorry if the staff here upholding policies made you feel like this hotel is a bad place to stay. I am the reason they uphold the policies. I hope you do not hold that against the staff. They are still wonderful friendly people. As far as us being an "older hotel," we are currently in the planning stages for a renovation. We will be all fresh and new soon enough. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express again and for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed February 15, 2020

driving almost 5 hours, he told me he’d have to charge me $139 instead of the $95 rate that I was quoted. This makes no sense. And even if there was a miscommunication between the hotel and myself, why would staff not want to honour the rate I was quoted for this time - but with an understanding and clarification about the rate details for future visits? The Manager on Duty (Jackie) offered to reduce the rate to $115. While I appreciate the gesture, I’d much rather have the hotel honour the rate that I was quoted, especially since I produced the required ID. It seems ridiculous that the hotel would risk losing a loyal customer over $40. That’s not good business.

UPDATE: The hotel contacted me and acknowledged and apologized that they are TRYING to be better at honouring the government rate. That said, they refused to accept responsibility for their mistake and decided to offload that onto their guest instead.

Brutal!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mark V

Mark V.
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Sault Ste Marie Holiday Inn Express. I apologize again for any misunderstanding with the requirements to use the government rate you booked at our hotel. They are spelled out in the terms and conditions on the website where your reservation was made. That being said, I did think that meeting you in the middle at $110.00 was a fair compromise for both of us and you seemed o.k. with it at the time I spoke with you. I apologize again that you do not agree after the fact that our compromise was satisfactory. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention so we can review how we handle government rates going forward.

Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

Room seemed overpriced at first, until we got there.

The checking in process by Lynn was quick, professional and friendly, the room was clean and ready for us.

The pool/hot tub area is a big selling point. The pool was "swimmable", and wasn't ice cold. My daughter was swimming in seconds, and it took me a few mins to get acclimated. The Hot Tub, was big, hot and nice.

To top off the stay, and convince me to leave a review, the breakfast was great. One of the best "free" buffet breakfasts I've seen in a hotel. My daughter (and I) loved the automatic pancake machine.

Overall an excellent stay. 5 stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family

mattm925,
Thank you for the 5 star review of your recent stay at the Sault Ste. Marie, MI Holiday Inn Express. I am so glad that you and your daughter loved the pancake machine. It is our signature and certainly fun to watch. Lynn is a great asset to our property and does a wonderful job greeting our guests. I hope to see you again on your next trip through the Soo. You can come take another dip in the hot tub.
Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express.