“Date night”

Filippa's Tap & Barrel
Reserve with OpenTable
Filippa's Tap & Barrel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inspired cuisine 40 years in the making - A statement Filippa's truly lives by. Filippa's is a casual, fine dining establishment, offering a collection of American and Italian cuisine. Executive Chef Rick Hussey is the captain of the culinary ship, serving award-winning creations for his entire career. In our main dinning room, we emphasize friendly, warm, and comfortable. A perfect setting for that inviting business lunch and a casual dinner with friends or that special someone. The Lounge offers ambiance of old-school sophistication and new-school style - perfect for a beer or martini and a late night bite after a movie. When summer hits the stage, Filippa's unveils its one-of-a-kind patio. Landscaped to perfection, the patio offers the amazing Filippa's menu under the stars and warm summer sun. At Filippa's, its all about quality. Our food is sourced from top quality seasonal ingredients, featuring many local and organic specialties. Our wine list is always changing offering a mix of new wines to accompany our signature dishes. We are happy to recommend the perfect wine for your dinner any time.
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Happy hour on a beautiful Friday night on the patio was perfect!
We had premium cocktails at 5.00 and half off all appetizers, we ordered a few and that was enough for our meal and they were fantastic ! Highly recommended

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I were in the mood for a dinner destination adventure so we looked for a place outside of our comfort area Filippas was it. With a well choiced menu and 4 wine flights of wine for tasting it was a fantastic decision.
Pricing was very reasonable and the food was excellent. Sal, the beverage director made excellent suggestion for pairing with our dinner.
Definitely going back again.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

My family finally decided to give this restaurant a try....we'd been thinking about it for a while. My brother came in from New York and decided to take me and our mother out for a "fancy" dinner.

Upon entering the restaurant, I was underwhelmed. I don't know what I was actually expecting....but this wasn't "it". We were seated promptly by a very friendly hostess and greeted by our server. She took our drink order....and we didn't see her again for a good 10 minutes (by the way, the restaurant wasn't very busy - lots of empty tables in view). When we stopped her to inquire about our drinks, she apologized and promptly went to retrieve them. BEST Moscow Mule I've ever had!!!

Appetizers: we ordered two Ahi Tuna apps.....tuna was great but way overpriced for what we got. 5 paper-thin slices of tuna on a huge fried rice patty and a boat-load of slaw. And yes, we could see the light thru those slices of tuna - and for more than $10, we certainly expected more!

Entrees: I ordered the 1/2 slab of ribs with a cup of French Onion soup and a baked potato. My brother ordered a filet with the same soup, rice pilaf, mixed veggies, a side of asparagus and a side of mushrooms. Even after asking the server if she understood that he wanted an extra side of mushrooms, when his steak arrived, there were literally 4 pieces of mushroom next to the steak! UGH - another server promptly brought out a side of mushrooms! Our mother ordered the Forest pasta and the French Onion soup.

I thought the ribs were great, my brother said the steak was great....mom thought the pasta was way too oily. We all agreed that the soup was just OK...not really hot and the croutons were really slimey (almost like the soup had been sitting for a while). My brother said his mixed veggies were very bland and the asparagus was still pretty crunchy and felt like it had only been steamed and was without any added seasoning.

Waitress: saw her to order drinks and meals....but another server brought the food. She never asked me or my mother if we wanted another drink, but asked my brother multiple times. I've had better waitstaff at Chili's and expected more at a restaurant of this caliper. We rarely saw her on the floor but saw others hustling! We still left a 20% tip and hope that this will be shared with those who actually served us!

I talked out this experience today at work and was told that this wasn't the "norm". It really left us wanting more of a "fine dining" experience that matched the prices charges. Most likely will not return.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Apparently, they have recently changed the name. It is now known as Fillppa's Tap & Barrel. Their web page says they have been in business for 40 years.... I guess its been about that long since we were here last.
(Looks about the same as it did 40 years ago. It's just not out in the country now.)
Anyway... being in the neighborhood, we decided to give it another try... We were not disappointed.
They had a reasonably large lunch crowd on a Friday afternoon. We were seated in the side 'bar area', and enjoyed a quiet lunch. My wife went for a salad... half of which went home and I tackled a sliced prime rib sandwich with au jus dipping sauce. Service was swift and efficient and it was an enjoyable lunch. No complaints.

1  Thank AlbenBrewder
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Our group had a luncheon at this restaurant and were not favorably impressed. The lunch portions were quite small for the price charged, in particular the Lobster Bisque soup which they apparently forgot to include the lobster. Service was good, but the atmosphere seems quite cold and sterile. Sure did not meet expectations and will probably not patronize for some time to com

1  Thank LombardiImages