Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$139
View deal
PricelineUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
Expedia.comUS$139
Agoda.comUS$139
Orbitz.comUS$139
CheapTicketsUS$139
All reviews game room kiddie pool video games swing set hot tub small kitchen get away downtown area deck sauna summer michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2020

Room was very dated. No deadbolt and still uses old school keys. My wife didn't feel very secure. Found several black hairs in bathroom. Might have been from housekeeping. View was good and game room was cool. But overall not a great experience.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank randybN7985VS
Reviewed August 3, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with our 10yo and 3yo sons and they had a blast! The pool and kids’ pool were clean and safe. There is a play set right next to the pools and plenty of open space for kids to run around. It was nice for my boys to make friends with other children who were staying there. The game room is a great bonus - just be sure to bring quarters. The view is gorgeous and being right on the lake was lovely, even without beach access.

Our room was very basic and outdated but we expected that after reading other reviews. We did not mind at all and were happy that it was as clean as it was. The next time we visit, we will definitely request a room near the pool/play area because we were a short walk from there.

I would have given it five stars but we had to leave two days early because our dog was attacked while we were away and we needed to get home to him. My husband explained this to the person in the office and he was told they could not refund the last two nights because we had paid in advance (which was weird because we hadn’t paid, but rather given them our credit card number and they had taken a deposit). She said they might be able to give us a credit to stay again but we haven’t heard from them.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2020

I had a room closest to the lake. Unfortunately, there was heavy equipment parked right in our line of view of lake and sunsets. This was not the fault of the Inn but should have been addressed with the equipment company. The rooms were spotless and the staff friendly. I would stay here again if in the South Haven area.

Room tip: There are two buildings with 3 floors. They both have good views of Lake Michigan but the south building is probably the best for views.
Reviewed July 20, 2020

The hotel grounds themselves were very nicely maintained. Outdoor swimming pool and a large grassy area. The view of the lake is very nice. Overall, very relaxing.
We stayed in a "large room". The room was a nice size, two bedrooms and a living area with a kitchen. The room was a little lacking, beds were uncomfortable and walls do not stop noise from surrounding rooms..at all. The kitchen is poorly equipped and maintained, but serviceable. There are bbq grills right outside of the rooms which are convenient. Due to covid the sauna, hot tub, and common areas are all closed. The deck overlooking the lake is also gone and beach protection construction is currently underway. These things would have been nice to know before booking.

Reviewed July 15, 2020

We stayed here in July 2020 to get away from Chicago during this stressful pandemic time period. We were very pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the scenery was at this resort. It overlooks Lake Michigan, so the view on a sunny day, or when the sun is setting, is gorgeous. It's also only about 2 miles from downtown South Haven.

They have one larger outdoor pool and a smaller kiddie pool. We were here on a Monday and Tuesday and had both pools mostly to ourselves when we went early in the day (at 10am). Both pools were clean and very nice. My 4 year old daughter loved the kiddie pool and it was never crowded. They also have a small swing set for kids. They have a big open lawn area if people want to throw a frisbee or kick a soccer ball around.

The resort itself is quite large and consists of several buildings - some are one story, others are 2-4 stories. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a small kitchen that had a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and some dishes/silverware. The rooms are a bit outdated in terms of decor, and the beds were pretty soft, but the room was very clean. The A/C was nice and cold and the bedrooms had a nice ceiling fan. The bathroom was a decent size with a shower and tub. We were the only family staying in the section of our building, so we had a large deck to ourselves and we ate outside on the deck a few times. The front desk people were friendly and they gave us extra pillows and towels when we asked for them.

The #1 drawback was they were doing construction toward the back of the resort near the pools. There were 3-4 large cranes/bulldozers on the property the whole time we were there, and one morning they were making so much noise that it scared my daughter. We were at the pool at around 11am and one of the bulldozers started dropping large boulders on the ground; the noise startled me and really scared my daughter, who is very sensitive to noise. The loud noise and dropping or boulders continued for about a half hour, and eventually my daughter started to cry and wanted to get out of the pool. So it kind of ruined our morning swim. These large construction vehicles also blocked the beautiful view of the lake, so it was a big bummer.

They also weren't serving continental breakfast due to the COVID situation. We understand this, but I felt that they should have reduced our nightly rate by $25 each night to account for the construction noise and no breakfast. Just my two cents.

If it wasn't for the constructon vehichles and loud noise, I would have given this resort 4 stars. We will most likely come back next summer when the construction is over.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and view of the lake.
1  Thank ChicagoTraveler105