Holiday Inn Express South Haven
US$93
ComfortSuites
US$100
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hampton.com
A Country Place Bed and Breakfast(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Free Internet
US$139
Hotels.com
US$89
US$86
Hotels.com
Seymour House(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$195
Official Site
US$119
US$118
All reviewsfront deskslow internetnice indoor poolnice hotelcinnamon rollsdriving distanceroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyquiet areabreakfast was includedother hotelsyogurteasy accesswould stay here againbusiness centerthird floorclose to downtown
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We arrived on Friday evening and were greeted by front desk staff member, Rebecca. She was geniunely friendly and informative. Our room was ready, well kept and clean. Prior to booking here, I had contemplated booking at the Hampton Inn because of its ratings but wasn't willing to pay $50 more per night for the exact same room. I was glad with the decision I had made. Breakfast offers a very wide variety and staff keep the area stocked and clean. Room was nice, clean and appeared recently refurbished. Pillows and mattress weren't like mine at home (but they never are!) Located a short distance from downtown South Haven. Will stay here again on our next trip north!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank srcrmcky
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had made the decision to stay at the HIE during a weekend getaway in South Haven, MI. Based on the (Holiday Inn) brand, I had assumed that I would be receiving above average accommodations for above average rates.

As far as the overall quality, I felt the hotel and the room itself wasn't great nor terrible. The only thing that stood out, in a negative way, was the carpet throughout the hotel and in the rooms. I'm not certain if the carpets were indeed filthy or if wear and tear was a factor in its appearance - whatever the case, management should have taken the steps to rectify this eyesore. In addition to the aforementioned, the pool was dirty - complete with floaties. Last but not least, the continental breakfast was decent enough, though the coffee was of substandard quality.

In all, I would opt to stay at either the Ramada Inn or the Comfort Inn & Suites and not the HIE as I feel that I would receive more (as far as overall quality and service) for my money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear AJA939,

Thank you for your feedback, and recent stay. I'm sorry received accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We are always working to be the best we can be, and feedback like yours will help us to accomplish this. We hope you would give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel truly is.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for five nights on a business trip, so I wasn't in the hotel much. But when I was, it was very pleasant. The staff is very friendly, attentive, and quick to respond. The hotel itself was in the midst of a renovation during my stay, so there were some materials lying around in the hallway, but not on the floor on which I was staying. At one point they asked the guests who were staying on one of the floors to switch to a different floor so that the renovations could continue the next day. The staff offered to move each room's belongings into their new rooms and the guests could check with the front desk agent upon return to get the new room number. This was probably the easiest way it could have been done and I appreciated them moving my belongings while I was away for the day.

The hotel does have a small pool (I didn't go in it, so I don't have much of an opinion of it) and a small workout room with two treadmills and an exercise bike (the treadmills are relatively new, the bike isn't).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stopped here for our 23rd anniversary. We love south Haven and go when we can.
The hotel is clean and Quiet. It is easy to get to from the Highway and a straight shot down the road to the beach.
The staff was nice and even let us go to our room before scheduled check in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had a non smoking room and it reeked of smoke. Breakfast is a joke, not edible. Pool area disgusting. Hampton across the street was less than five bucks price differnece but millions of times better

• Stayed: April 2011