Lowest prices for your stay
US$162
SAVE US$48
Hotels.comUS$162
PricelineUS$162
Lol.travelUS$186
All reviews the breakfast area housekeeping staff beds were comfortable breakfast was delicious elevator ihg hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Elevator is a little slow. With COVID-19 restrictions in place, the staff did an excellent job making us comfortable. Pool was open. Staff had to serve the hot items to us for breakfast and they still kept up with the coffee and wiping down seating area.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed August 7, 2020 via mobile

Very bad service, unfriendly staff and they charged me twice .
Staff don’t know anything about anything , it is consistent that make me think it’s a management problem because they didn’t provide the proper training to the staff

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2020

Hi ahmedeP6772MM,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about the service from our staff. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I would also like to follow up on your concerns that is why I sent you a private message. I hope you get the time to read it and respond.

Mike F.

Reviewed July 14, 2020 via mobile

Cleanliness is of ultimate importance to me. The corners of our bathroom floors were dirty with mildew, spider webs and hair. This indicates a less than thorough mop job. There was random trash in the hallway of the hotel and the lobby bathroom was filthy. You can tell they have made cuts to housekeeping staff which is not acceptable amid a pandemic. Housekeeping should be visibly cleaning handrails, elevators, hallways...all shared areas to ease the anxiety of guests. It's ok they do not come to my room during my stay but I expect outward displays of immaculate cleanliness in my room and throughout the hotel and I just did not see this. The hotel was clean enough but just not clean enough for me to feel comfortable staying in it again during a pandemic. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was reasonable nice although they had no hand sanitizer in the breakfast area- they should, guests are sharing serving tools, coffee handles, etc.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank misstaryn08
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2020

Hi misstaryn08,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the room cleanliness and housekeeping. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite Member means a lot to us and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 13, 2020 via mobile

Rooms, hotel, and pool area were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. However, when we arrived back at the hotel for the evening, there were two police cars there and I overheard one of the officers reference taking someone into custody and then heard him say “I’m sure we’ll be back again tonight.” I found this to be concerning even though we never saw them again. I also woke up in the early morning hours to the voice of an authority figure tell and unknown person outside of my room “You entered someone else’s room without permission. I’m going to need you to go back to your room or I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” I’m not sure if this is the safest location based solely on these two events so I won’t be staying there again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2020

Hello Nikki P,

Thanks for the stay and feedback. I am happy that you found our rooms clean and our beds comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about the incident that left you feel unsafe. Guest safety is one of our to priorities, and we missed the mark. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to make necessary actions to address these concerns.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Despite uncharacteristic warm weather here in South Haven, we had a good time. The staff here was very friendly and the breakfast was delicious and fulfilling.
The pool was nice and clean as was our room.

Date of stay: December 2019