“Decent choice but there are better ones in South Haven” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites South Haven

Comfort Suites South Haven
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Evanston, Illinois
“Decent choice but there are better ones in South Haven”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed one night at the Comfort Suites for the blueberry festival. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, but it was raining and storming. The manager was extremely nice and even on the busiest weekend of the year, allowed us to cancel the second night at the last minute for no charge.

The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice for this type of hotel. However, the bed and especially the sofabed was not comfortable, and the breakfast did not look good so we ate in town. We didn't use the pool but it looked very nice. The common areas were somewhat dirty. We go to South Haven often, and I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the Hampton Inn over this hotel. More comfortable beds, cleaner common areas, and much better breakfasts. They were booked, we had no choice, and this was fine for what it was.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank uwdsr1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here over a weekend with my entire family. We had a total of 5 rooms for two nights each. I have to admit I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews.
But we had nothing really to worry about.
Check in went smoothly.
The rooms were all clean and very nice. The staff was also friendly and very courtious to us. And with 16 people total, I'm sure we were giving them a run for their money.
The morning breakfast were what you would expect. Just enough of a variety to fill you up.
All the rooms had a fridge and microwave which was nice.
It rained one morning so we went to the pool which was nice enough. They even cleaned our rooms for us while we were at the pool.
OVERALL I would recommend this Hotel to a friend and I would not be afraid to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
MICHIGHAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Clean rooms, even thou it was a pet friendly hotel, you would never have guessed that the hotel catered to pets, very clean, no smell, great experience, will stay again .

Room Tip: call the hotel directly, many travel sites stated sold out,
Paw Paw, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and i arrived on july 28 2011 for our 4 year wedding anniversary, the check in staff Christina was very rude to us (granted that we arrived at 2:35 and check in is at 3pm) most hotels will at least allow you to check in early anyways, Christina told us "NO, check in is at 3pm come back then" after 3pm we checked in to our room the number was 320, I Looked at the bed sheets and found urine stains, i called the front desk to get some clean sheets i was told to "you're going to have to come down here and get one" when i went down to the front desk they told me "well you have clean sheets underneath the enterainment center" so i had to walk all the way back up and find the bed sheets and place them on

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeffeckholm

Travellers are raving about these South Haven hotels

Highland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I called to make a reservation that had rooms blocked off for an upcoming wedding. I spoke with Donita. She informed me that there were no rooms secured in either the bride or the groom's name. I impressed upon her that there must be some mistake as the name of Comfort Suites was printed in the invitation. She asked me to spell the names twice and then accused me of spelling the names wrong as the reason she could not find the block of rooms put aside for the wedding. After giving her all the information for my reservation she said, "you are confirmed for two nights" and provided me with a confirmation #. I said we only wanted to stay one night. She raised her voice and said "the computer confirmed you for two nights!" I attempted to break the tension by saying with a chuckle, "well can you tell the computer we only want to stay for one night?" Donita responded in a most disrespectful manner, "those rooms were booked for two nights. Is there anything else I can do for you?" I said, "I don't appreciate the manner in which you are speaking to me. Therefore, I no longer want to stay at this hotel. May I please have a cancellation #?" I repeated my question another time only to find out that Donita had hung up on me! I intend to call back and speak with a manager on Monday to obtain a cancellation # and inform him of what occurred when I attempted to make a reservation this past weekend. If my first encounter with someone at this establishment could be so unpleasant, why would I choose to pay money to stay overnight?

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robsonen
Greenfield, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed here one night and it was fine. The room was clean and spacious. The pool was really nice. Beds were comfortable. My MIL slept on the pull out couch and she said it was comfortable too. I would stay here again. We were on the 2nd floor right by the elevator but did not hear any noise from the elevator.

Ann Arbor,Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed at Comfort Suites on July 5th and 6th. Purpose of the hotel was what it should be: beds were so comfortable, pillows were awesome, the room was very quite (we were at the 3rd floor), room was nice and clean, For breakfast hotel offered: scramble eggs, sausages, waffels, donuts, English muffins, three type of cereal, coffee, tea, juice, milk. It was very very nice. We paid $149 per night. My husband happened to have terrible snore problems so we asked closer to the night to have extra room. For another room they charged us $100. We are very satisfied with our stay.

1 Thank rusanna00
3.0 km away
The Last Resort B & B Inn
The Last Resort B & B Inn
#7 of 16 in South Haven

Been to Comfort Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!