All reviews suite hotel three nights sitting area desk clerk clean rooms bedroom hie detroit highway sink
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Hotel is under renovations but you really don't have any inconvenience.
Excellent breakfast, rooms are clean and comfortable.
Many restaurants within walking distance.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2018

For $189.99 per night, this hotel was very disappointing. The bathroom, although large, had a shower/tub that was cracked and repaired (multiple times). The ceiling above the shower appeared to have black mold in the corners. The carpeting was quite worn and needed to be replaced. And there was a large centipede-type bug on the shower curtain. This property does not represent the Holiday Inn brand. I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Near all the highways I needed with shopping and sites close at hand. Work was only minutes from here. Breakfast was your top end Holiday Inn Express setup with warm food and friendly greeting. Good for a business stop

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2018

We stayed there when we went to visit family over the holidays. I can say the rate was great and the room was very spacious. However, the room was very dated and "worn". Our bathroom door handle was broken and there were scuffs all over the wall by the room door. The furniture was also very "worn" and stained.

The breakfast was nice, but 2 of our 3 days there the pancake machine was broken. Otherwise, that was very nice.

The pool room was also very nice. It was very cold in the room (winter), but it was kept clean.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Taurusk8tr
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Dear Taurusk8tr,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the breakfast selections we offer. On the other hand, I am sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed with the condition of the room you received and our swimming pool area. I am also sorry that our pancake machine had a problem. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed December 18, 2017

My stay was OK. Clean and plenty of room in suites. Good breakfast. However, I was disturbed from sleep at 6:30 a.m. because someone pulled the fire alarm. It stayed on for 5-10 minutes. Where were the security staff? I was startled. Can you imagine loud noise waking you up. I could not find the light in the bedroom and as a result of pushing and shoving in the dark a precious gold ring was lost. I was sick. It ruined the entire trip.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hi nuttalhd,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs and leaving a feedback. I'm sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your stay due to the noise caused by our fire alarm. Know that we take great measures to create a safe and welcoming environment for our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and necessary actions will be taken accordingly, in order to avoid the same situations in the future.

Please let us know how we can make your next stay with us more comfortable.

Regards,