See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2018

A completely horrifying experience with no regard for human decency, professional courtesy and respect for the individual. A bunch of uneducated and unprofessional people who are waiting to snatch your money

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

We are extremely concerned to read your comments and apologize for our staff member being rude to you. We know our staff genuinely cares about providing an enjoyable stay to all of our guests so this incident is not a reflection of our usual service. Appropriate measures have been taken to ensure this is not repeated. We apologize for this unpleasant experience and hope you will consider a second visit.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I reserved a king size bed when I checked in to my room 142 it hadn’t been cleaned. The girl a the front desk said she thought she unchecked it as cleaned. Another girl told me that room 142 was the last king size bed they had and I had to downgrade to a queen size and that they would refund me the difference. The next day I get a knock on my door telling me I had to leave because they smelled smoke I told them I don’t smoke and to come inside my room he declined. The entire first floor where my room was wreaked of marijuana the night before. I told them I don’t smoke cigarettes nor do I smoke marijuana. I check out reminded the girl at the front desk about my refund she told me to leave my name and number because a manager wasn’t there for my refund!!! They charged me 200 dollars 50 for my reservation and a 150 smoke charge I am going to fight this !!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further. Our front-desk team is always available to help you, so please feel free to reach out to them for any queries that you may have. We hope the positive aspects of your visit will encourage you to choose us again in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

We booked this at the last minute to have a warm place to sleep. The room was ice cold. The front desk staff was not very helpful. The morning desk clerk was rude.
This place is conveniently located. T

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Barbara, thank you for choosing our hotel. Although it is nice to read you liked our convenient location, we apologize for the inconvenience you had that hindered your stay. We have discussed these issues with our team and will focus on ways to improve our guest’s experience. We hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us in the future and you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay worthwhile.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Person was asleep at front desk when I was trying to checkout. I soebt 10 to 12 mi utes trying to wake him up. When he finally woke up, he told me that onky a manager could check me out due to me paying with cash. I was owed a deposit which he said he couldn't give. He advised me to wait 2 hrs until a manager arrived. I was on a tight schedule since I drove in from out of town so had to leave without my deposit. He said someone would call me but they never did. I spent 4 hrs on the phone until a manager finally said they would mail my deposit. The manager didnt cone in until 11 am and I was trying to check out at 5 am so its a good thing I didnt wait. Also evertime I tried to swap out the towels I had used with fresh ones, they never had replacement towels. So be sure to bring your own towels if you stay here. Although the hotel had my credit card on file they it was againmst there policy to put my deposit back on the card. Considering them inconveniencing and making me wait 7 days for them to refund my deposit, I feld I should have been compensated in some way. Very unprofessional hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Please accept our apology that we were not as responsive to your requests as we should have been. We will share your concerns with our team members, and we will take corrective measures to make sure that the issues you experienced do not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the stay you deserve.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Smelled weed throughout our entire room the whole night and it was so strong we had to open up the windows. The police came knocking on peoples doors and knocked on our door but they said they had the wrong room and went down the hall. Also, we heard people cussing each other out at 4am.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.