“Clean and good ambiance”
Review of Gregory's Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gregory's Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: city is also known as Canadian Lakes, Michigan or Stanwood, Michigan
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Food and atmosphere were both nice. A clean establishment with a varied menu. Prices were affordable. I don't remember if there was a child"s menu. We have had children with us before there and had no problems. Sit down restaurant with a decent wait staff.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Visiting this place was an unexpected event after my GPS failed me and took me down to dead end roads trying to get where we actually wanted to go. We ended up in this parking lot of a small strip mall, and decided we would just eat here as the parking lot was full. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised.

At first we thought it was two separate restaurants as the first sign I saw was for Pizza, however it has a full dining room, bar area, and pool tables. As we arrived fairly late at night, the dining room was pretty much empty so we sat in the bar area which was very busy although not surprising for a Friday night.

They have lots of daily specials on both food, and drinks and an extensive menu including burgers, appetizers and entrees. The prices were all reasonable, and we had difficulty making a decision on what to get. We started off with the sample appetizer, which included a mushroom caps, poppers, onion rings and wings. The barbecue sauce on the wings was made them, as it was a specialty root beer sauce and was quite good.

Our main course was not quite as good but this was a small minor complaint for me. We decided to go with their Tuscany Sandwich and the taste was fine. My girlfriend didn’t eat her half not entirely because she did not enjoy it. She had ordered red wine, which she does not normally drink and the sandwich did not pair well. On the other hand, I liked the overall taste from a flavor perspective, but found the bun a little on the dry side which took away from the overall taste.

You can tell this probably a local watering hole, where people from the neighborhood communities come, as people always seem to know people that were coming in from one of the already seated table. This may because they have Team Trivia every Friday night, but could just be the good atmosphere. It would be interesting the see the popularity on another night of the week, or weekend. One of my favorite things is that they have a jukebox, which allows for consumers to play their own music which is always a plus for me.

I will definitely give this place another shot, as they has quite a few burgers we were also interested in trying.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The hostess gave us the menu when she seated us, and then we waited for 20 minutes. No waitperson every came by our table. I can't critique the food since I didn't wait to find out.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a low key kind of place and a bit out of the way but worth the drive. The food is very well done and I found the portions to be large but that's what those take home boxes are for. The menu is varied and the level of cooking is excellent. Prices are about what you'd expect and I thought they were in line with the food and atmosphere. It is a good place for a couple or to go with friends when you want good food and a place quiet enough that you can carry on a conversation.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This offered a good alternative to St. Ives and Tullymore. Fall hours were later than the resorts, which close at 8:00 during the week. Gregorys was open to 11:00. It has anice bar area -- clean and comfortable, with flat screen TVs and tables. Dinner menu offered a good a good selection of choices with large portions. Breakfast was reasonable and people loved the pancakes.