Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
US$100
US$42
  • Room Service
US$109
Comfort Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$63
US$109
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$99
La Quinta
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsextra pillowsice trayshouse keepingnice hotelfaizwalmartesafreezerfacilityemployees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My boyfriend I were hoping to book a hotel for Valentines Day weekend. At first we were really attracted to the price point, and the fact that the room had its own kitchen since we were looking to save money on eating out. Unfortunately, what we got was not at all what we expected. Upon checking in and going up to our room we were hit with the pungent smell of latent cigarette smoke which also was prevalent in the room itself (despite the fact that we asked for a non-smoking room). The cleanliness was not up to par either. We were afraid to sleep on the sheets so we ended up going across the street to walmart to buy new ones to sleep on. The condition of the plates and cutlery was in desperate condition. We refused to eat off of any of it and ended up spending even more money at walmart for dishes and silverware. The television set was just a step above ancient (only a little) and looked to be on its way to its death bed not to talk about its small size. Neither of us wanted to sit on the reclining chair as it was stained and torn. The front desk was for the most part unorganized. The employees were not all that friendly, and one night when my boyfriend and I went out and came back late from a movie we had to call from a phone in the outside lobby to have someone open the doors to let us in since for some reason they decided to lock the doors (mind you there were 2 people sitting inside watching us who decided to just stand and stare rather than just open the doors for us, their paying guests). About the only good thing about the hotel was the location as we were just across the street from shopping centers and restaurants and only up the road from the movie theater (everything was within miles of the hotel). Unfortunately, the hotel was far too filthy and the services was all but absent so we will most likely never stay here again. I'd only recommend this place if you're on an extremely tight budget, and if you have to stay here please remember to bring your own sheets and and dishes and cutlery.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jnobi
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Never would I have ever thought I would experience such disgust and filthiness throughout our room and hotel itself. Just when I thought I saw it all, something else loomed right around the corner! As we stepped into our room, it seemed ok, until I took a deep breath and smelled the odor of stale cigarette smoke (and we had a non smoking room). Not until we unpacked and settled into bed, did we experience such horrid surroundings.
The walls are extremely paper thin, which led us to sleepless nights filled with fellow vacationers arguing, singing and, well, nightly activities (if you know what I mean). As we uncovered our bedding to slip into bed, it revealed the most soiled and stained mattress I have ever seen in my entire life. There were only 2 paper thin pillows on the bed and when my husband called to see if they had more, we were told to call back in the morning (the front desk attendant didn't speak any English) When we called the next day we were told they didn't have any additional pillows to give out, when we asked if they could borrow from rooms that were vacant, they then said that all rooms were booked and filled to capacity. The entire hotel was a ghost town!? (Despite our lovely neighbors from up above)
Over the top of our bed was the fire sprinkler which looked like it was going to fall off the wall due to water damage. The furniture all around us looked to be falling apart with gashes and stains. The flooring in the kitchen seemed to have burn markings and the paint on the bathroom door and walls were bubbling off. The whole hotel seemed to be a mess all in itself. Just when I thought it was all done and over we found a dirty toilet bowl brush laying in the middle of the hall way! Disgusting!!! Never again will I book with Extended StayAmerica!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
DSH3DET, Area Operations Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2009

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Detroit - Sterling Heights. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Thanking You In Advance,
Valarie A. Reid
Area Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2009

I made a group reservation for nine rooms. The reservation process was simple, the chceck in service was great and all in the group were very pleased. The rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable. The location was great for food and store choices. Will definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 16 April 2008

Everything found on the Hotel 's web site is completely true.
Suites have everything that you may need while your business or personal travel at suitable price
Services, as cleaning, or, for example, wireless network are well organized and well performed.
The cleaning is absolutely strong and this is one of the most precious characteristics of this comfortable hotel.
Beside, through Hotel’s web site and through written notes in rooms, one is perfectly informed about details of hotel’s services.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 11 October 2007

Very clean and quiet. Grounds and building very well maintained. Front desk very friendly.
An excellent experience.