See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We stayed here for one night in early August 2016. We paid $280 for the room. There was a large hole in the ceiling above the shower head in the bathroom, one of the outlet covers was broken in the living room, which left a hole in the wall with the outlet exposed, fixtures, etc. are very outdated. The lobby and "common areas" of the hotel are a bit dirty. Movies that can be shared by anyone staying in the hotel are very outdated. It was really disappointing considering what we paid for the room. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynnc177
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2016

Dear lynnc177,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges you have experienced with the bathroom ceiling, broken outlet cover in the living room, fixtures condition, poor cleanliness of the lobby and common areas as well as the movie options you received. We assure you that this is not up to our standards and corrective action has been taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Once again thank you for your comments. these have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the Management Team, in order to help us improve further the service that we have to offer. I hope this experience will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to make your future stays as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N.
IHGService

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Stayed at this hotel because they allowed pets and the area seemed to be a bit safer than nearby areas. Liked that we could walk to restaurants and getting on/off the interstate was easy. Wasn't crazy about the room not being cleaned daily, but other than this, it was fine. Oversize vehicle parking was easily handled as well.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jill F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Jill F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am pleased with your kind comments. Let us assure you that we are continuously working on maintaining and improving our property to ensure our guests' complete satisfaction. I do hope that we will get another opportunity to accommodate you better in the future.

Faith R
IHGService

Reviewed February 27, 2016

Great location, just 23 miles inside the Michigan state line. Heading east, you get through Chicago traffic and all and you are finished! Heading west, you can get an early jump on the traffic from here. From there, the room was very clean (aside from the need for a taller person to handle some upper dusting on a regular basis) and the staff very helpful. As with other reviewers, attention to detail would go a long way to help this property become much better. I had no spoons and no "Do Not Disturb" sign. I hope they are replacing all the recliners since I never found them to be comfortable and was THRILLED to have a nice comfortable chair in the room. Odd arrangement, though, to have the chair right up next to the dresser. All in all, a good stay. It could be said that the place has good bones and that they just need to work on fleshing things out better.

Room Tip: Even facing the parking lot, the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2016

this is wonderful place to go for a mini vacation. there suites are wonderful and clean and nice me and my family really enjoyed are stay there. they have all you need to make you feel at home. the front desk clerks Brian and chris i think well the two night men were wonderful helpful and all

Room Tip: Room 200 wonderful and big
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2016

Not worth the money. They allow pets .and dog barked in the night don't need this.light bulb broken in bathroom .glass on the floor.Frank was fine but night sucks.what else can I say .just not happy with this hotel

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cleaners22
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2016

Dear cleaners22,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the noise from the pet of another guest and the broken light bulb in the bathroom among the others during your stay. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,