“Please read all the reviews!!!! dont trust houskeeping... theft!!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
chicago
“Please read all the reviews!!!! dont trust houskeeping... theft!!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel was recommended by a friend who is friends with the manager, the stay was for only one night, we i arrived the staffed seemed friendly and i was thinking to myself whaty a nice place..... WRONG, 1 st the cable was out, so after a long flight and my family needing to relax we didnt have a TV to watch, 2nd the Bathtub was so dirty we didnt want to bathe our child in such filth. We arrived late in the evening (around 12:30 am), so we slept in trying to rest up for a ling drive ahead of us. we were woken up by a loud knock on the door. Houskeeping was checking to see if they could clean the room. it was only 10:30 or so.... I guess my fault for not putting out the do not disturb sign.
Once packed and feeling like we had to rush out, I left my coat in the room, after realizing it a couple of hours later I called to see if houskeeping had returned it to lost and found. the front desk person was very Rude and said that i probably misplaced it somewhere else. when i know for a fact it was hanging when I packed up to leave. After a few days of not hearing anything the Manager called and said see didnt see anything on the video tapes of the houskeeping taking the coat. she said with such a big coat we would have seen it on the tapes. i asked how she knew it was big? she said that she saw the tape with me checking in and noticed I was a big guy and had the coat on. I then asked if she watched me enter the hotel with it and saw that i didnt leave with the coat, that maybe it should have been in the room? She then found herself in a bit of not being able to explain herself. and that it would now take days to go thru the tapes to see when we went in and out.
long story short if the houskeeping and management can not be trusted then i would never recommend you stay there or ever leave anything in your room.please take everones advice on these reviews... DONT STAY HERE.. spend a couple more bucks and have a good experience in place you can feel safe.

Room Tip: dont stay there!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Don C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2011

clean rooms comfy bed friendly staff
but nothing to do within walking distance thankful i ate near the venue where the band i was driving had their concert

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Fairmount, In
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at this motel for 2 nights to visit the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. The check in was fast and the staff very frieindly even though she was very busy with phone calls. The room was the basic motel size and very clean. The breakfast was good, biscuit and gravy for my husband and waffles and fruit for me. We had a room on the back side which was very quiet and loved watching the squirrels run around. After getting the hang of using the turn arounds it was easy to find places to eat and shop. Bought voucher for the museum and village which saved us lots of money. The only con would be the pillows which were lumpy and flat. Would recommed this motel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2011

A group of 4 of us stayed here last month on a Saturday. We booked the Henry Ford Package and wanted to explore the museum during the day. We arrived at around 9 am on Saturday and the hotel was able to accomodate us with a room, which was great. However, the safe is the room was broken. The hotel still uses the old style safe with a key rather than electric keypad; our key didn't match and they had no replacements so no safe for us! Basically, we had to carry our valuables and passports around all day so that was a setback.

We were stiutated on the 3rd floor of the hotel and the main set of stairs in the lobby only goes up to the 2nd floor so we pretty much had to take the elevator even though there was only 1 for the hotel and it was dreadfully slow. Aside from the safe and elevator, the hotel was great and the buffet breakfast was very plentiful with a good selection of hot foods.

The location of the hotel is far from downtown so unless you are visiting the Henry Ford, I would probably choose a hotel closer to the city center.

Room Tip: get a room on the 1st or second floor - it'll save you time so you don't have to use the ele...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Spent 2 nights recently. The staff is the friendliest group I have encountered at any hotel. My room was smallish and the bathroom could have been bigger. Overall a functional comfortable room, just not as spacious as others. Clean throughout without the usual stains or smells. Very convenient location right off the interstate yet quiet. Very good breakfast. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank The8racer
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Good location. Quiet. Great extensive hot breakfast. Clean. Walmart nearby, and several restaurants. Only 15-20 minutes to Henry Ford Village/Museum. We took the 2 day package that gave us admission to the Village. If you do not want to drive they offer a free shuttle taking you there in the 8:30 am and picking up at 5 pm.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mjb60
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I went up on the weekend and stayed on a Sunday night. The hotel was clean, the staff was pleasant, rooms were large.

The Monday morning breakfast that was included was a full breakfast with hot and cold items plus fruit. The breakfast was good.

I would go back again, but, I have to remember to check my invoice prior to checking out as when I received my charge I was charged a different rate. I was quoted the senior rate and was charged the full rate. I blame myself for not double checking before check out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jussy2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
6.8 km away
6.1 km away
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!