“Very small average American breakfast spot”

Original Philips Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 163 Restaurants in Taylor
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I stopped in here for breakfast as I was in town for a baseball tournament in Taylor.

The restaurant itself is a very small little building with the inner walls decorated with local Detroit pictures and items.

The restaurant is only open until 2 PM so it is geared towards breakfast and lunch and the menu selection was somewhat small.

All in all an OK spot to get breakfast, much much better than the La Quinta hotel that I stayed in that offered a free breakfast but not as good as other breakfast spots I've been to.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Whenever I'm in the area I love to stop at The original Philip's for a bite to eat! Great breakfasts and I love the soup and sandwiches too! The chopped sirloin steak and Greek salad w/chicken are my two favorites!!!

1  Thank Debbie V
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

Back home for a quick stay have to stop at Philips!
Egg white omelet Veggie, awesome as always, great place!!! Thanks again!

1  Thank corvette44
Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Cheaper and better food than the McDonald's across the street. Friendly people and cheap, hearty food. I come here every time I go to Taylor.

1  Thank scooper8464
Reviewed October 6, 2015

If you want a good, FAST breakfast served up by a friendly attentive wait staff - this is THE place. The value is unbelievable too. The interior is decorated with Detroit sports memorabilia which is a nice touch. I try to stop in whenever I am in town. I cannot believe I waited so many years to stop in.

1  Thank Shanny1419