“Must visit ”

Original Philips Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 163 Restaurants in Taylor
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast / lunch before we headed to a wedding later this evening. Didn't know anything about the area, but read a review stating that this place is "a diamond in the rough."
Upon arrival, we notice that the building is quite small, and there's not a large area to park. All the parking spaces were full, so we figured that was a good sign.
Entered in and the place was full, save for a couple of two tops but we needed a 4 top table. When one opened, we jumped at the chance for a table.
The menu itself was pretty simple, nothing fancy, but we don't need many choices. Between the four of us, we got the Philips' special breakfasts, biscuits and gravy, and patty melt. The Philips' special, which I got was good. It was perfectly portioned and included 2 bacons (super crispy!), 2 sausage links, 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, and 2 pieces of toast. The biscuits for the biscuits and gravy were so delightfully homemade and very delicious.
To top it off, the workers were so friendly and happy ! They were talking to us and made us feel very welcome.
Definitely a great experience and the prices were cheap!

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I stopped in here for breakfast as I was in town for a baseball tournament in Taylor.

The restaurant itself is a very small little building with the inner walls decorated with local Detroit pictures and items.

The restaurant is only open until 2 PM so it is geared towards breakfast and lunch and the menu selection was somewhat small.

All in all an OK spot to get breakfast, much much better than the La Quinta hotel that I stayed in that offered a free breakfast but not as good as other breakfast spots I've been to.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Whenever I'm in the area I love to stop at The original Philip's for a bite to eat! Great breakfasts and I love the soup and sandwiches too! The chopped sirloin steak and Greek salad w/chicken are my two favorites!!!

1  Thank Debbie V
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

Back home for a quick stay have to stop at Philips!
Egg white omelet Veggie, awesome as always, great place!!! Thanks again!

1  Thank corvette44
Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Cheaper and better food than the McDonald's across the street. Friendly people and cheap, hearty food. I come here every time I go to Taylor.

1  Thank scooper8464