“One of the better Chinese restaraunts around.”
Review of China House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China House
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Temperance
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have been on a quest to find a decent American Chinese food place to eat. I must say I was happy that the gal from Office Max recommended this place when we stopped in while in Toledo OH.

The eggrolls were cooked to perfection (I would have liked a few other veggies in them) they were very tasty as is though. If only they had the dipping sauce from Hawaiian Islands YUM! The pepper steak was delicious (best I've had in a long time) I wish the pepper chunks would have been cut smaller, one piece was a mouthful making it a little awkward to eat. My son got the beef and broccoli and it was delicious too. Again the carrot slices could have been cut differently so the bite wasn't so overpowering with carrot flavor but he thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the fried noodles along with brown rice as a base for the pepper steak and the crunch from the noodles was definitely satisfying. We also had beef with garlic-I was not too excited with this. The veggies were in big chunks and it had more of a sweet flavor than I am use to. The hot and sour soup...I did not care for the texture of this. To me it was too thick and gelatinous and I could not even begin to enjoy a flavor because of the texture.

The young lady that took my order was very nice.

The open kitchen area looked to be very clean, the dining area could have used a good dusting in the high spots as there were a couple of cobwebs but they were not a deal breaker in the big picture.

All in all when I get in the mood for good Chinese food and don't want to drive Downriver I will definitely return to China House in Temperance, MI. I am looking forward to trying their General Tso Chicken now. I will also be purchasing some extra eggrolls too.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

always call ahead, hot food, shrimp never overcooked, Good variety of dishes, clean, friendly staff, easy in & out. Many lunch & dinners take out, never disappointed.

Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

My family was very disappointed in the food here. I read some good reviews so we decided to try this restaurant, but it honestly was a waste of money. The fried rice tasted just like plain white rice, no flavor or seasoning whatsoever. It looks light brown and has bean sprouts in it, but no flavor at all. My husband ordered the almond boneless chicken. It was a couple strips of breaded chicken with huge chunks of raw onion and carrots, and no sauce or gravy of any kind. I've never had almond chicken without gravy anywhere before, we surely didn't expect it to be completely dry, and mixed with raw vegetables. I ordered the sesame chicken, which I guess I'd have to say was the best thing out of everything we ordered. The flavor was actually good, even though it had very little sauce and most of the chicken was too chewy to eat. The eggrolls were very plain and the only flavor they had was of a strange, odd tasting spice that was very unlikable. It's too bad the food wasn't good, because the service was fast and friendly. But that's just not enough to get me to come back and spend money on food my family can't eat... Very disappointed.

Reviewed March 29, 2015

I recently discovered this place, as I call it a hole in the wall, and this isn't being mean. There are a few tables in the place, and you get takin care of right away. I have only ordered carryout so I cannot comment on inside service. I have ordered several different meals, I like the chicken lo mein, and have recently ordered cashew chicken. I always order Hot & Sour soup but I'm a bit disappointed I taste no hot & sour at all it does have the veggies in it I like hopefully they can improve this. The food is always cooked fresh to order, a great feature.