All reviews bagels room was clean continental breakfast instant oatmeal walk in shower stay there again small refrigerator staff was friendly close to downtown cherry festival hojo motel tc rates sink wineries
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel then cancel it by phone. On my bank account statement they still charged me the $165. I then called cooperate to find out why I was still charged. They then referred me back to the hotel directly. I called the hotel. The person working there told me the Manager was NOT in when I called and asked directly for them. I explained the issue to the women on the phone because she asked what the issue was. We hung up after my explanation. Five minutes later the girl from the hotel calls me back and states “my manager” wants to know when you made the reservation. So the manager was in the ENTIRE time!! She just didn’t want to deal with me as a customer. The person on the phone then told me my reservation was just made the weekend before. If a reservation was made the weekend before it was by someone other than me. A FRAUD reservation!!! They then told me they would recontact me in a few days. OVER two weeks and nothing!! I am now questioning if the management of this hotel has some shady business going on behind the scene stealing $$$$ for reservation that were canceled or never really made. I will be tell everyone I know and writing more reviews on more sites to warn people. I will NEVER stay with a Howard Johnson hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KnightsInn-TC, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

We appreciate you expressing your opinion. We did, in fact, contact you via email on the same day the Wyndham Customer Care Case was opened(10/22/18). We requested any additional information you could provide to try and help you out with the situation, to which we have received no response. We did also refund half the charge immediately, with the remainder to be refunded pending more info. Your reservation was also made through Wyndham directly and any cancellations would also have had to be done with them directly. Please be willing to cooperate with people in the future to try and help resolve issues that were clearly mistakes before deciding to slander businesses. Thank you again and i hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Sincerely, Josh Q Night Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2018

This is a great hotel with a great location. We enjoyed the stay and the room was definitely nice and clean. I would definitely stay again. An elevator would have been nice though, If you are on the second floor the steps are many and steep. Let the young ones on the second floor.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 26, 2018

I was very pleasantly surprised by my stay here. The large room had 2 beds. There was a fridge and small coffee maker. Wifi worked well. Spacious bathroom, bath replaced with shower with same footprint and a low threshold. Sink outside bathroom with lots of space to put things down. Curtains blocked out light well (though needed a bit of encouragement to meet in the middle). Parked right outside the door.

The breakfast was fine. Cereal, things to toast, fruit. Plenty of seating in lobby area.

There is not much in immediate area other than a lot of other hotels. I did walk to the neaest supermarket but it was a bit challenging due to lack of footpaths and safe opportunities to cross the road.

I got a good rate (in late September) and thought it was excellent value.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Acceptable in the range of low-end prices. OK if you don't mind paying 64% MORE on a weekend than on Wednesday. This is price discrimination, based on demand in the fall color season--never mind the snow and 30 mph winds. Heat is difficult to start/adjust with the control, and instructions in the room are illegible. "Free" breakfast is very basic-cereal and yogurt, no meat or eggs-we went out to eat instead. No lounge seating in room, only desk and chair. Limited counter space. Shower fan loud. No towel rack at sink. Wind whistled into the room from the west. Would not stay here again.

Room tip: Street level, not upper level.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

This was a well appointed Howard Johnson hotel. There are a numerous amount of hotels in the Traverse City area and this was one of the better priced and it was very clean and we enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay again. Close to downtown as well as some recreation areas. Everything in Trevor city is a bit spread out anyway.

Date of stay: September 2018