“Can't understand why so highly rated!!”
Review of Cooks' House

Cooks' House
Ranked #26 of 329 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Visited Sept. 22nd., and were greatly disappointed. We are a "meat and potatoes" community, so "exotoxic" ingredients such as " keef, pigs ears, chimichuri, chicken mushrooms, & kimchi" left us puzzled as to selections. Coupled with a demolition worthy facility?, stifling heat, conversation limiting noise, slow service, and inflated prices, poor food preparation,( under cooked lake trout, dry brisket, sour dinner rolls, bones in smoked chubs), there is no chance we as 25 year residents kwulou ever conksider another visit.

Just roll the dice on another restaurant. It will be better

1  Thank Rdhsen

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I visited the Cook's House with my friend last week and had a fantastic meal. We both had the 5 course tasting menu. My friend opted for the wine pairings as well. The dishes were creative and the portions were surprisingly generous for a tasting menu. I'll be recommending the Cook's House to all of my friends who visit Traverse City!

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

From start to finish, this place far exceeded my expectations. The menu was simple, yet some of the best flavors I've ever had. Order as many apps as you can, they're all fantastic. The cheese board and smoked chub were my favorites.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We had dinner at Cooks' House last week while on vacation. Each of the four of us ordered a different entree (fish, brisket, duck) and we all found our dish to be a delicate balance of interesting flavors and cooked to perfection. The menu is sophisticated and interesting and the service impeccable. Our favorite meal in Traverse City, which has many good restaurants. A reservation is a must - this place is small and popular.

1  Thank Martha E
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I visited Cooks' House on the recommendation of a friend, who suggested I try the tasting menu. That menu on that evening didn't really catch my eye, so I ordered a la carte. The food courses were a little uneven. My appetizer was gemelli pasta with rabbit. The pasta were perfectly al dente and the sauce was delicious. My walleye entree was not quite there, though. It was a little bland and slightly overdone. The tart I had for dessert, which had fresh fruit, was very...tart. The service was borderline over-attentive but very friendly and helpful.

A couple of other thoughts. First, the individual glasses of wine were overpriced. $15 for a glass of wine, the bottle of which you can buy in the store for $30, is a little outrageous even given typical restaurant mark ups. Also, when I left my clothes smelled like fish. I guess this can happen in a small venue.

1  Thank likeeat