“Great recommendation”

Harrington's By The Bay
Ranked #33 of 330 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There is just something about Harrington’s By The Bay. Graciously sitting across from the beautiful shores of West Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan, At Harrington’s By The Bay, you’ll find a delicious lunch menu featuring: steak burgers, house made soups and salads…..over a half dozen salads all served with a variety of signature custom dressings. Many of our sandwiches are served on house made bread and even our lunch portion sizes are sure to leave you satisfied. Vegetarians will be impressed with options from our fresh start choices, sandwiches, salads, and pasta and specialty items on both our lunch and dinner menu. Much of our menu is chosen from the finest cattle graded PRIME by the USDA and hand cut all our steaks in house. For our seafood lovers we offer wild caught salmon, walleye, and more. Whether you’re a beef, chicken, pork or pasta lover, we have a meal you’ll enjoy! It is ALWAYS happy hour in the Red 8 Lounge. Join us!
Reviewed April 5, 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us by Angela at the Best Westren Plus. It was just what we were looking for quaint, water view, excellent food and great service. We look forward to dinning in the future at Harrington's By The Bay. Thanks for a wonderful dinner and to Angela for the suggestion.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here one night while in town. The food was amazing! My favorite thing was the bacon wrapped shrimp, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Perfect server, attentive, friendly, and food was excellent. Their pastas and steaks are the best. We went on a Saturday night, and reservations are a good idea.

1  Thank Lynnannatc
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

Michelle at Harrington’s is just the absolute best!! My associate and I both had the entree lunch salad and it was so big and fresh! I definitely recommend and ask for Michelle if you want top notch service!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Came here with family for dinner celebrating my birthday.

Meal: We got a variety of meals for dinner from fish, to pasta, to salad. My Tuna was delicious and done properly to how I ordered (rare). Talking to family, their meals were equally done well. I would classify the food as upper-mid scale, the food is better than most other restaurants in Traverse city, though not a 5-star restaurant. But what they do they do very well.

Staff: The staff was very kind and accommodating, we showed up without a reservation and they were able to find us a seat despite it being quite full. They were also very kind for my birthday and gave me a complimentary drink (which was very good) and a dessert. They were also helpful when it started raining (we sat outside) and a group of 3 or 4 waiters immediately came out and helped us move our food and drinks to a table under cover.

Overall this was a very pleasant experience with food that they do very well. Its no 5-star dining, but it is perfect for a night out or a family dinner. I would go back in a heart beat!