Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$119
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$119
PricelineUS$119
CourtyardUS$119
Agoda.comUS$119
All reviews courtyard marriott general manager front desk staff minute drive tc area grand traverse lobby conditioner housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2020

Stayed here the past month on business and the rooms were wonderfully, comfortable, and well appointed. Staff at the front desk were helpful, kind and efficient. Bryan, the manager, went out of his way to help after my last reservation was cancelled due to the virus situation. He was concerned, caring, and a wonderful gentleman all around! The night auditor I spoke with was standout as well!

Kudos to everyone working there and you have a terrific place!!

Room tip: Away from the elevators if you are sensitive to noise. The back rooms have a nice view of the river, but the front rooms are good as well.
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Kimberly Diane H
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your most recent stay and kind words. I am glad we could make a positive out of a negative situation. I hope things will return to "normal" in the near future and you will be returning to our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Bryan

Reviewed October 19, 2019

I stayed for a day in the Courtyard at Traverse City. It was a very bad experience for me, especially for the price we paid.
1) The bathroom was clogged and once the first person took a bath, no-one else could. :(
2) There was a very basic arrangement in the room. Even for getting a shower cap, I had to go to the front desk.
3) The only source of water was to buy bottles from a vending machine. There was no water provided in the hotel room. I had to buy water to even make coffee in the room.

All in all it felt worse that staying in a inn where I pay generally about $80 to $100 a day and here I ended up paying $290 a day. It was just ridiculous. My review is going to get on Trip advisor too.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank virtualpranav
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard in Traverse City. I am sorry that our award winning hotel did not meet your expectations. I am also sorry about the tub drain. I wish we would have known of the issue, It is a quick and easy fix.

You are correct, Traverse City is pricey in the fall months. Our hotel is competitively priced to similar hotels in our market.

I do hope when you return to Traverse City you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

The Marriott Courtyard in Traverse City was very clean and conveniently located, near the downtown, but also well located to access the route to the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park. The manager, Bryan, had cones set up to save us sufficient spaces for our motorhome. He is obviously an excellent manager. All personnel were friendly and helpful. The food in the Bistro was so good that we stayed in the hotel for our four evening meals.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2019

The manager has been there forever and he takes care of you and the property like no other . Three years and everything is in fine working order . This place SHINES!. Easy access, I return year after year!

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2019

Thanks so much for staying with us again. One of the best parts of my job is seeing and speaking to our repeat guests.

I have been fortunate to be General Manger of this hotel for 11 years. Many of our staff still call me a rookie as they have been here much longer than me. In fact, on Thursday we will be celebrating our Night Auditor's 15th year anniversary, thank you Linette! Two staff members in housekeeping helped open the hotel almost 20 years ago.

I will share your words of praise with our staff. They are truly the ones that make the magic happen every day.

I look to seeing you again next year.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2019

This hotel was quite pleasant from the people who checked us in to the Bistro attendant. My only criticism, is that the bed was uncomfortable. I think they should upgrade to something more comfortable. It was quite hard to sleep on. The hotel was extremely clean and the Bistro area was quaint and cozy. The food was amazing!! We ordered grilled cheese, tomato soup, and Cobb salad for dinner and it went above and beyond our expectations! Breakfast was Starbucks coffee and a croissant which was consistent with Starbucks quality. Location was perfect for the airport location and Interlochen Center for the Arts. Traverse City is an amazing little city and this hotel is in a perfect location to enjoy all the area has to offer.

Room tip: Top floor near the elevator was great!
Date of stay: August 2019
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard in Traverse City. I will share your kind words with our staff. I agree the food in the lobby Bistro is very good and the menu changes every quarter.

Our location is very desirable. We are centrally located for anything that would bring you to the Traverse City area.

I am sorry you did not find our beds comfortable. Beds are very subjective. We receive many raves about the comfort of our mattresses but we also receive comments similar to yours.

I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to our area.