All reviews great happy hour beach view breakfast buffet first floor the east bay great beach grand traverse bay the wi fi fire pit hot tub girls weekend state park family vacation lounge wedding balconies summer
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was nice for our weekend. The room we stayed in, 304, had a loud mechanical buzzing noise that was annoying. The pool was a good size with a hot tub too. The beach area is pretty small but the fire pits were very nice on a cold night. The lounge serves breakfast buffet in the morning for a price and it was decent. Overall it was a nice stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share that great feedback. We hope that you will come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Spend a weekend with mom and sister here. Wanted to be on the water. The view from the third floor was spectacular.
The price was very reasonable, and the proximity to downtown made the price even more attractive.
The room was clean and well appointed, with higher end bath products than I was anticipating (Pure by Gloss shampoo and body care).
Overall a lovely weekend. Would come back.

I LIKED:
*there were plenty of electrical outlets for phones, hair dryers, computers
* the wi-fi was stronger than I expected, given that I did not have to pay extra per day
* I felt like the room rate was very fair for the location, the view, and the cleanliness.
* there was free coffee and tea in the lobby
* there was a nice, clean, relaxing indoor pool area
* Even though there was a wedding going on next door, it was relatively quiet on Saturday night
* everyone who worked at the front desk was kind, responsive, seemed to enjoy their job, and a pleasure to engage with.

I DID NOT CARE FOR:
** I had read better reviews for the breakfast buffet. Not sure about them now. I thought it was terrible. The eggs were a placid, gray color. The bacon was uniform in shape and color, indicating it was food service (which is fine, but no competition for what is available downtown). It was overall kind of sad. I suppose if you are in a hurry, and just want to shove something down, it's fine, but if you have time, I would recommend going to amical in town, for about $10 more, and infinitely better food. The server was lovely, however, and the room was clean and kept.
** the bed was probably the hardest, most uncomfortable bed I have slept in since a long ago (but successful) stay in a drug rehab, where we had plastic mattresses. My hips were on fire both mornings, and I am barely "middle aged".
* the common areas -- the hall in front of the elevator, the elevator itself, the hallways, etc, could use some cleaning. The carpet was worn away in front of floor 3 elevator. I wanted to take a Lysol wipe to the inside of the elevator. The walls were smudged with dirt and grease.
(** I am admittedly a little more OCD than most, however, because I have worked in hospitality my entire adult life, so I notice things probably the average person would not)

Room tip: High floors with beach view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we will address the issues you mentioned. I am so glad that overall you had a great experience and we hope that you will come back and see us gain.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The location is good, the staff was friendly. We were on the 4th floor..overlooking the water, which was beautiful. We ate breakfast on the adjoining restuarant, it was a basic breakfast buffet. The main reason for not giving this a 4 is they only have two luggage carts for the hotel. I had friends in from Texas with lots of luggage. The refrigerator would not stay cold. We asked for an extra chair for the balcony..no extra chairs. This building is a little older, but was fairly clean. The beds were comfortable. The receptionist offered us pastries when we left at 6:30 AM which was sweet of him. I have fill out their comment card. Basically just a few things management needs to correct.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ParkShore, Director of Sales at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Bonnie, Thank you for staying with us and we are so sorry to hear you encountered any issues during your stay. We loved having you here and hope to see you next time you visit Traverse city.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the first floor with a beach view and its great! its clean the bed is comfy and they have really nice beach chairs just steps from our patio/ definately will stay here again! The staff is also very helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Connie, we are so excited to hear your feedback. we will look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here two times. The first time was amazing as the beach view room is so close to the beach which let you feel you are just above the water. We stayed in other hotels before nearby like sugar beach resort and Cherry inn but none location is that good. The second time is just this week. We booked a partial beach view room which is ok and then we decided to stay one more night and was checking with the staff to find a better room, know what happened. They free upgraded our room to a beach view family suite! We loved the suite as we have a 13 month baby he definitely need his only bed and room to play. We are so thankful for the friendly staff and we will definitely come back again!

Date of stay: August 2018
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Your the best! Thank you so much for the great feedback we can't wait to see you you again.