Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$80
Expedia.comUS$80
PricelineUS$80
FindHotelUS$80
Agoda.comUS$80
Orbitz.comUS$80
All reviews great happy hour hot tub fire pit lake view off season lounge wedding summer fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2021 via mobile

Just thought I’d share my experience at ParkShore resort in traverse city so the next person doesn’t have to have the same, We stayed for 2 nights the next morning from the first night we woke up to bites and then found a BED bug crawling in plain sight of course the roads were horrible so we couldn’t go home, we asked to switch rooms (Also the manager came and got the bug from my room herself along with a house keeper and tried to say it’s a beetle, it’s clearly not) well this morning once again we woke up with bites and found another bug, I informed the manager before leaving and got a nasty attitude so I’m assuming nothing is going to be done. Not to mention when we switched rooms I was told the bed would be inspected properly but they didn’t even change the very bottom bed sheet, it still had juice on it from the previous person that stayed. Thank god I caught it before we went home and had it all over our house.

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank kaimenb
Management response:Responded February 9, 2021

We are sorry that you had this experience we hope that you will feel better knowing that we have had a professional inspections of both rooms and there is no evidence of bed bug infestation in either room.

Reviewed January 19, 2021 via mobile

Wife and I got a king suite with a fire place and jacuzzi in the room for our wedding anniversary. Check in was easy. Had a hard time getting help at the desk after that. The room was nice at first but once we unpacked and looked around,we realized the toilet tank lid was disgusting. Then to our delight, the toilet just kept flushing and flushing. Had to manipulate the handle to get it to stop,quite inconvenient at 3am. It gets better, we went down to the pool to use the hot tub. Once in, it didn't take long for my wife to point out the scum bubbles floating all around. Absolutely disgusting!!..we got out immediately!. So nasty soaking in other people's god knows what. We took one look at the pool and saw all of the sand in the bottom,and decided to skip that all together. Don't they clean those things daily??. Fortunately our room hot tub was clean and we enjoyed that. The view from our room was about the only highlight. Remote controls for the TV were totally confusing. Had to open the sliding door to bring the kiln like bedroom down to a comfortable sleeping temp,but then all we could smell was cigarette smoke from the ppl downstairs smoking on their patio. 144.00 is a bit much for what we walked in to. Bagged breakfast was nothing to brag about. I'm being generous with a 3 on the rating scale, should be a 2, but I guess I could have complained and switched rooms. I just didn't feel like making a big fuss for a one night stay. We originally planned for 2 nights, glad we didn't!.. I would have asked for a refund and left after seeing that scummy water and brown bubbles floating in the hot tub.
We probably won't be back..more like never

Date of stay: January 2021
Management response:Responded February 23, 2021

I am so sorry that you had those issue and we will work hard to get them corrected. I hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2021

i have never stayed at a hotel i felt so un appreciated as a customer. make a complaint to the office about the whole 2nd floor smelling like weed and in turn they said there was no way of pin pointing where it was coming from. just so happens.. go to leave our room and the pizza garbage that was infront of the room the smell was obviously coming from ended up infront of our door.. brought this up to the front office again. and the woman working became almost defensive about the issue... and ended up going upstairs and sprayed the area with some spray that did nothing for the smell. very unhappy with our stay for new years.

Date of stay: January 2021
Management response:Responded January 9, 2021

I am so very sorry that you had that issue and we will work hard to handle these types of complaint more appropriately. Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2020

We had a good three night stay at the Parkshore over the summer. It was a very good stay, and we enjoyed the visit.

We reserved a family room so we had varied sleeping arrangements. We very much appreciated this layout, with a separation between rooms, a small kitchen area, and a corner room with a great, high-level, waterfront balcony. The beds in the small room were bunk beds, but they were very large and solid, and worked well for our teens. We absolutely loved the view of the water directly from the other bedroom. (We were able to sleep with the sliding door open (screen still closed, of course), to appreciate the breeze and lake sounds. The bed was very comfortable, and lent to a couple of good nights sleep.

The kitchen area was a bit smaller than we expected; but, the full-size fridge was very appreciated. The kitchen was actually poorly equipped, with no cooking utensils, soap our washcloths (I'm sure pandemic-related, but still pretty critical for a functioning kitchen). The front desk was very responsive, though, and provided a brand new spatula, cloth and soap for our use (which was what we really needed). The hotel was also very clear during booking and checking in that housekeeping service wasn't provided; however, they provided towels upon request both days, picked up garbage upon request, and twice were able to vacuum the floors upon request (due to the sand inevitably brought up from the beach).

Being on the beach is definitely one of the prime assets here. There are lots of chairs available. The sand beach area was narrow, but this isn't the fault of the hotel...the lake waters were definitely at recent highs, limiting the amount of seating areas. But, what was there was a nice alternative.

All in all, we enjoyed the stay here, and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Matt S
Management response:Responded January 9, 2021

Thank you so much for the great feedback we loved having you here and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2020

I would have liked to give this a higher score however the front desk lady was just rude. I felt like we were bothering her and that should never happen. The room was ok, needs updating. The beach area was ok however not exactly like their pictures. The place is in a great area. Just needs a little caring for.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank michd61
Management response:Responded September 29, 2020

Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate your business and we will work hard to address that issue. Please come back and see us again soon.