Great Wolf Lodge
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$119
US$95
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$86
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$144
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$139
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$130
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$139
Comfort Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$120
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$152
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
US$130
US$117
2,544 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questdunkin donutslife guardsall agesbowling alleyindoor waterparkgreat family funmagiquest gamecamp critterkids cabindance partyolder kidsa lot of funbunk bedswhole familykids love
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We went with older kids. Don't. They enjoyed the waterpark. But after a couple hours we were all done. The saving grace was the MagiQuest seek and find game that had them running all over the hotel. At the end of our first day I was done with hundreds of little kids running around screaming and the noise inside is also very loud from the water itself. For what we paid, it was not worth it. I am not interested in going to another one. I was disappointed to find that the spa was so expensive too as I was hoping to escape there our second day. They had a cute more affordable package for only mothers and daughters. So that was disappointing. I was pleased with their store and the ice cream shop was great!

Room Tip: We purchased a big suite with a fireplace and bunkbeds. There was plenty of room for them to sleep but you spend most of your time in the water park.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveKYlivn
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here on a thursday because the kids were off of school. There is alot of small kids here but it was still fun for my 9 and 11 year old. They played Magic Quest ($32.00) per person because they charge you for a wand($20.00) and the game itself is ($11.99) but the kids LOVED it. and we could let them run around and be independant. (we made them stick together) The rooms all had refridgerators and microwaves so we could make our own lunches and breakfasts. We had pizza in their restaurant and it was good and cheap. ($13.00) for a large two topping. We splurged on ice cream cones too. : ) The water park has different areas for different age groups. I road the yellow slide and screamed the whole way down but I'm a big chicken. I was in the lazy river the rest of the time. The kids road everything (3 fast slides) and two slower ones. They loved the huge bucket of water that dumped every 7 minutes...my hubby love that too. overall safe, clean, and spacious. We all had a great time, ohhhh, don't forget to bring money for the arcade ( alot like chuckie cheese) you can win tickets that you turn in for prizes. My daughter won the big wolf! she loves that thing!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We visited this hotel after a seven year hiatus. Our room was ready early this time - no 2 hour wait. We had a lot of fun in the park itself, but the room is what kept me from giving it a four or five star rating. They have not updated the rooms at all, at least in the one we stayed. The TV's were the old style and the beds were horrible. The beds were used up, you sunk in the center and had to fight to get out of them. We had 3 beds (loft suite) and all three were in horrible shape that was not conducive for a good night's sleep. As far as the food was concerned, it was so-so. We decided to prepay for the breakfast buffet for 2 days ($6 saving per person) and the food was OK. We had the pizza for dinner one night and that was good.
Overall, we went for the waterpark, which was great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Took my family for a winter blues break to Great Wolf Lodge in Feb 2012. First off, my family includes 3 kids (14 year old, 2 year old and one year old). Second, we got a deal through Groupon, which was really the only way we could afford it.

It didn't start off great when we arrived to find out our hotel room wasn't ready. We arrived at 3:00 PM and check in is 4:00. Okay, fine. They said they would call us when the room is ready. Well, it wasn't until almost 5 when we got that call. This wouldn't have been too big of an issue with me, but the fact that we drove in the car for 4 hours with 3 kids that really wanted to get out, didn't make the family happy.

We got the Majastic Bear Suite and it was perfect for our family. 2 queen beds, sofa bed and a seperate room with a king bed. The room includes a mini-fridge (although bigger than your nomal mini-fridge), microwave, and a nice breakfast nook for people to eat on. I was told that this room can go for up to $600.00 a night a peak times, however, though Groupon, we got it for $169.99. Like I said, we could afford that deal. With your rooms, the cost for the waterpark is included.

The Water Park was very nice and big. They claim the air temperature set at 84 degrees, however, that was not the case here. The air temp felt more like in the low to mid 70's. Reason I brought this up was because the two little kids, once they got out of the water for the first time, were shivering the rest of the times. Of course, once they held on to Mom and Dad, they refused to let go because our body temp was keeping them warm. So, spent very little time at the waterpark with the little ones. This was my first time going to an indoor waterpark in the winter and maybe the cold outside temperature played a role, but was disappointed that the kids were cold. The 14 year old had a great time going down the big slide, but one of the big slides was down, so that was a bummer too.

The had an arcade and both the older kid and parents liked it. Plenty of games to win tickets.

The food was the best part. The breakfast buffet was plenty and good (plus kids 2 and under are free when an adult orders). I believe it was $11.99 for adults. For lunch/dinner, we got the pizza combo deal. It's about $30.00, but you get a large pizza, breaksticks, salad and a 2 liter of pop. It's not too badly priced and it fed our whole family. However, the best thing about the food is that they have a menu for people who have a gluten alergy. My daughter is on a gluten free diet and they have several items that are gluten free: pizza crust, chicken tenders and fries to name some. You can talk to the person in charged of the kitchen (in our case, it was Valerie) and they will work with you to make sure you get the food you want, in some case, they will even make a special order just for you. They will also cook the food to avoid cross contamination (for example: chicken tenders and fries were baked, not deep fried). Also, you can order the foods to go and take it to your rooms (which is helpful if the little ones don't want to behave). They can deliver the food, but it comes with an 18% gratudity fee.

You don't have to eat at Great Wolf Lodge if it feels too pricy. They are near plenty of resturants and fast foods for cheaper value.

Overall, I tell everyone that while it didn't go as I hoped it would, it was very nice to get away regardless. I would probably not go again in the winter, unless the kids were older and if I can get another good deal like I did.

Room Tip: The water park and arcade entrance is located on the first floor. So, if you get a room on the first floor, you won't have to wait on the slow elevators (only 2 of them) to get there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Deafviking
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Took my mom and 2 year old for a quick getaway. Room was mediocre for the 169.99/nt price tag. ( wolf den suite ) Food was outrageous. 23.00 for overcooked ny strip that wasnt edible. Enjoyed fire alarms going off in our room at 6 am which not only woke everyone up but scared the day lights out of my 2 year old. When asked what was going on was given the answer, " false alarm. " Really?! Oh and my son and I brought home a lovely parting gift. The stomach flu. Both my son and I had it. My mom did not, but she also didn't swim. Will not be back. Thanks Great Wolf!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jkubikmk
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay.

In regards to price, our pricing is influenced by local competition, availability, demand and the size and cost of living in the metro areas closest to that resort. I apologize that you did not find your trip to be of great value.

As for your other issues, these have been noted and will be shared with my team.

Chris Ballou