“Steak Frites!”
Review of Bistro Foufou

Bistro Foufou
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Foufou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 337 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed August 26, 2018

My wife and I both had steak frites, very good. I also had the beet salad, which had an interesting presentation. Friends had the French onion Soup, which they liked.

The baguettes were tasty. drinks were good and the place had a lively feel. I would gladly return.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

Classic French Cuisine even down to the service. Great old building and wonderful food. My wife and I shared escargot and had to ask for more bread to soak up that delicious butter. I had the scallops with Arancini, artichokes and bacon - perfectly prepared. My wife had the pan seared trout with pancetta risotto and that too was perfectly prepared. To end the meal we had to have coffee, a latte and share a peach crisp with house made vanilla ice cream. Bistro FouFou is doing French Food right.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Service was not good and we dined early and they weren't yet busy. Food was acceptable but not up to the expectation created by the photo of the owner with Paul Bocuse in the front of the house. Not sure we would go back.

1  Thank cgny1fwd
Reviewed August 10, 2018

My husband, daughter and I dined at Bistro Foufou this week and found it to be no more than mediocre. The service left much to be desired. Our waiter did not offer bread, although other tables were presented with a basket immediately, he was unaware that there was good local Chardonnay (said it wasn't produced), erred on my order by not excluding an allergy, and was unfamiliar with Prosecco. My meal, a simple salad with salmon, was very good, but both my husband and daughter ordered the beef bourginon and found it to be mediocre. We had high hopes for what seemed to be a lovely restaurant, but were sadly disappointed.

1  Thank bmarten1995
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

My family has been dining at Bistro Foufou every year since it opened and have enjoyed the beautiful food and have never been disappointed. From start to finish the food is prepared and presented with care. After a very satisfying meal we all came to the same conclusion that unless the menu surprises us next year we will move on to other venues. It is too predictable and there were no specials today.