“Great steak!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2018

The interior is unassuming and has a 60s feel, kind of a retro cool vibe. The wedge salad was okay, but nothing spectacular. Then spectacular arrived -- my filet mignon was set in front of me. Wow! Perfectly prepared. Tender and full of flavor. The baked potato was terrific. Even the side of toast was tasty. It was a truly great meal. I will be back.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We were excited to try a local favorite as it came highly recommended. Our party of six was told there was no wait when I called five minutes prior to arrival. When we arrived we were ushered to the back hall and told we needed to wait. When we did get seated it was by a door to a private party and my husband was hit multiple times. Food was horrible. My prime rib was so tough I couldn't even cut it. 5 out of 6 entrees were subpar. Waitress seemed to think I was lying about my prime rib so she took it in the back and confirmed "we all tried to cut it, you're right it's tough". Thanks. They comped the prime rib but charged for salad bar and baked potato. Very disappointing experience for a local favorite.

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I’m in TC a few times throughout the year. I love you everything about TC. Mode’s is THE BEST PLACE for STEAK. Prices are up there but the food is fantastic. Service is always friendly and they work very hard to make you happy. Salad bar is also very good and fresh. Modes is by far one of my favorite restaurants. I look forward to coming back soon for another great meal thank you to all of you who work so hard at Mode’s. Your service and food is fantastic.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

It was my husband's birthday and he wanted a good steak. A local from Traverse City told us this place had great steaks and prime rib. He had steak/ shrimp combo and said it did not taste like it was seasoned at all. I had prime rib that was ok but by no means the best I've ever had. The staff was very friend and service was very good. The place it self was very out dated but the prices were reasonable. If ever back to visit Traverse City we most likely won't stop back here for a meal.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

It was a recommendation by our wine tour guide and he was right about the steaks and the sides. The wine was not very good and the salad bar was not good at all, but the steak was incredible and baked potato was the perfect side.
Very awkward seating though.