“Very good food”

Smoke and Porter Public House
Ranked #66 of 336 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Smoke and Porter is a Contemporary Smokehouse. From Brisket and Ribs to Hams, Bacon and Sausages. We have a full service bar with a wide selection of Wines, Liquor, and Craft Brews. Dining is family friendly with many options from sandwiches and entrée and a kids menu. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options available. Carry out menu is perfect for hotel accommodations.
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Our food was very good. Lots of items to choose from. Portions were large. Waitress was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I was really impressed with this menu. This is a scratch kitchen, where every single component of the meal is intentional and homemade. We had the house made bread with smoked butter. (I wanted to eat the butter straight out of the dish!) I had the pork porterhouse which was delicious, and hubs had ribs. I ate the pickled veggies off his plate and they were great. I wish I had had room for dessert. The kids meal were also thoughtful, which is rare. Highly recommend if you appreciate an inventive but accessible menu!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Chef Henry Bisson is tops! All smoked items were superb. Best bacon in town. Our waiter could not have been more attentive! Great brunch and lunch prices!

Date of visit: August 2018
smokeandporter, Owner at Smoke and Porter Public House, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

We are Happy to serve.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

The food was good but have never been to a restaurant that charges for bbq sauce when they’re a bbq restaurant. Also charged for bread for table. Our waitress was non existent and had to refill drinks from the bar.

Hello Krista,
Thank you for joining us for dinner. We appreciate your business. We are sorry your server was non existent, this is obviously not the service we wish to provide, They should be more attentive and you should never have to leave your table for beverages, this is an Issue I will have to address. We do include one choice of BBQ sauce with your dishes and , however because we have multiple sauces, we do charge guests who want multiple different sauces. If a guess does not like their sauce and would like to try another sauce or want more of the same sauce we do not charge them. I will readdress this policy with my staff to make sure they are following the proper procedures. Each Pit Set includes a slice of our house made Pullman loaf. However we do charge for an order of our Daily Bread and Smoked Butter. Most restaurants that give away free bread include that price in the price of the entrees, so in essence you are paying for it somewhere else. Since there are so many gluten free dinners we have chosen to not charge for bread and butter in the price of the entrees, we allow guest who desire this appetizer to order it separately, and because we charge for it we take time to make specialty loaves in house for those guests instead of out sourcing a sub par replacement.

Once again Thank you for joining us, I hope this explanation helps you understand why we do, what we do. If you have any other question I would love to address them.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Was here for Sunday brunch just by happenstance because we were driving through and spotted it was so wonderful! I had their eggs Benedict and it was amazing. My whole family loved the interesting menu and the staff were super friendly. I don't know I'll be back this way again, but if I am I'll definitely be coming here again.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for giving us a try, it was great having you in.