All reviews rooftop bar warehouse district road noise valet service bay view aveda products barn door valet guys light sleeper rain shower modern hotel water view front street corner room large shower restaurants and shops walk in shower
Reviewed November 3, 2018

We had a top floor suite on the bay side. We used our white noise machine to cancel the sound from the road. The room was spacious; could have used more lighting sources. The shower was great. The hotel is within walking distance of probably seventy restaurants, pubs, coffee and wine bars in a vibrant shopping and business district. There is also an extensive local bus system, free in the downtown route (including the Bijou By The Bay cinema and the Dennos Museum Center.

Room tip: Top floor room, bring white noise machine if you want room on bay side.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I have to say everything about the hotel and my stay was great EXCEPT, The traffic noise on the bay side. In my opinion, it is not worth the premium paid for a bay view, especially if you are a light sleeper. Even on a Saturday night in late October, traffic doesn’t taper until well after midnight and begins again early in the morn. I got very little sleep - not a problem one would expect when paying premium rates.

In fairness to the hotel, they did discount my room rate by half, when I diplomatically told them my experience did not measure up to what I paid for a Saturday/bay view premium.

Again, I would recommend that most people seek a south-facing room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AHK16441
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello AHK16441,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry to learn that outside noise made your recent stay with us less than ideal. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as reference to further improve room soundproofing. I trust that measures taken will make your next stays with us better than the last.

I am glad that all other areas of your stay went well. I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

If you cherish sleep, do not stay at the Indigo unless the hotel guarantees you a room on the south, off highway, side of the hotel. You will need more than white noise; ear plugs a must! The US-31 highway is a sidewalk width away from the hotel on the bay-view/north side of the hotel.

I had requested a room on a high floor, quiet side of hotel, away from elevator. I called on my drive up the morning of my arrival to confirm my quiet room request was noted on my reservation. It was. I arrived early so no rooms were yet available for assignment. I was in no hurry to get into my room and advised the host that I desired a quiet side room...I had all afternoon to wait for a desired room. As it turns out I was assigned a room on the 2nd floor and on the noisy bay side; the hotel was sold out...I suspect most everyone requests a room away from the highway side making it impossible to please many guests...including me!

This is nice hotel in all aspects with the exception of being right on the highway which is why I will never lodge here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mishorelinecouple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

mishorelinecouple,

I'm very sorry you did not have a sound sleep during your visit. Being close to the highway shouldn't be a reason for guests to not have a relaxing stay. What you described certainly isn't what we want for you. I've shared your review with the hotel management. I'm sure they'll use it as a reference to improve the quality of their accommodations.

Thanks though for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you again for chance to provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

At first glance this is a modern hotel in a great location, but unfortunately the insane road noise prevents you from getting any type of rest once you return from dinner or a brewery. I’m not just talking about hearing a few cars here and there...this is like having semi trucks drive through your room AlL NIGHT LONG. We had an to be up early and neither of us got any sleep. Add to that a bed that squeaked any time one of us moved and a sink that didn’t drain.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCT101312
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Hello MCT101312,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Hotel Indigo Traverse City. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the poor soundproofing of the room and condition of the bed.

IHG values your experience with our hotels as a valued guest. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Ronald R.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

If you want a bay view room, be prepared for lots of traffic noise. It is loud the entire time. Even without the street noise, the walls are very thin and you hear everything. The cleaning crew talks to each other in the hallway - probably without realizing how loud it is inside the other surrounding rooms. On our recent stay, the empty room next to ours had the alarm clock go off for 10 minutes at 6:00 a.m. on a Monday morning. That was not the way we wanted to spend our last day of vacation - waking up super early. Upon check-in the receptionist could have at least tried to seem enthusiastic. She took a big sigh as I walked to her desk, letting me know that she was not interested in giving me good customer service, which continued throughout our stay. The cleaning crew did not clean our room until 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. We were left to wander around the small Traverse City downtown area to kill time since we could not relax in our room (on my husband's birthday). We informed the front desk that we wanted our room cleaned at noon. We thought it might take an hour or two, never imagining that it would take 5 1/2 hours. When we checked out, no one even bothered to ask how our stay was or if we enjoyed our visit. Again - the workers at this hotel (that we encountered) do not seem to care about the customers. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank z75
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Hi z75,

Happy belated birthday to your husband, thanks for choosing to stay with us! It's great seeing your stellar rating for our rooms. On the flip side, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the noise levels and our soundproofing. I'm also concerned to learn that we missed the mark in terms of service level. The situations you described aren't the ideal impression we'd like any guest to have and be assured that these are shared with the team. Comments like yours are valuable in improving our services so we may address similar instances more amicably.

Thanks for the candor. I hope we get to make your next stay more stellar than the last.

Happy travels,