2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$22
Expedia.comUS$113
Hotels.comUS$113
FindHotelUS$118
All reviews rooftop bar valet parking warehouse district road noise bay view valet guys huge shower front street walk in shower per night location is excellent would stay here again beautiful room close to downtown distillery tc breweries
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2020

We used a free night certificate to stay here. The location is very close to all the downtown shops and restaurants. The check in was quick and easy. Valet attendant was polite and nice. We were upgraded to a corner bay view room. The room was very clean and spacious. Would be easy to add mini fridge to rooms. Plenty of space. We slept well except for the occasional traffic noise. Lots of services were not available due to covid so may have to stay again during normal times to get full experience.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank dnrdavies
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2020

Hi dnrdavies,

We are delighted to hear you liked our location, found the rooms clean and were able to sleep well despite of the occasional traffic noise.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review because this is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve. Your comments about adding a mini fridge in the rooms will not go unnoticed as I have shared them with our management teams to be addressed internally.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie D

Reviewed November 12, 2020 via mobile

First biz trip in months, and always stayed at this place over the years, but this time was truly truly disappointed! Service level has gone down significantly, or you may say there was no service. Can’t help to feel the depressing atmosphere in this place. Don’t want to elaborate the detail of the incident for privacy reason, but the hotel manger Bridget shouldn’t even be working here! The house keeper even agreed. You just wonder how long this place can go on like this. No need to come back, there are plenty other hotels that will give you a big smile when you arrive!

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2020

Hi swiftvoast,

Thank you for choosing our hotel again for your recent travel.

We're committed to providing a unique hotel experience and efficient services. I'm sorry for the lapse in the standard of services you have experienced with our team. I have sent you a private message to get more details to fully share your review with our local management and ownership.

We appreciate you letting us know about your stay experience. We're looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed November 9, 2020

We went for a sunset drink. There were 6 people in our party. While the rooftop was slightly crowded, tables and seating areas were well spaced apart this summer. The staff was doing their best to keep up with the orders.
The drinks were a combination of standard and craft cocktails. They were pricey, but worth it for the view and open atmosphere. We went back a second time this summer!

Room tip: Check the sunset time before you go!
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Deb K
Reviewed October 23, 2020

I am so sad that I have to write this review. Our stay was enjoyable, and the valet guys and front desk staff at check in were so friendly and nice. At check in our room did not have toilet paper and the Kleenex was out. They did bring these items right up when room service was called.
My frustration comes with my card being charged 2x for our room and room service. At check out I was never issued a room bill besides what was give to me when I reserved the room through IHG. I have called multiple times to rectify this, both front attendants I spoke to were extremely rude to me. One being someone name Rozz? Treated me like I did not know what I was talking about nor would she let me even speak to explain the situation. She did not want to transfer me to the Manager Bridget, but said she would leave a message for her to call me the next day, which she never did. I even called with a representative for my card on the line to help me talk to someone, and the gentleman who was helping at the desk said the Manager Bridget was doing house keeping and could not come to the phone?? He was also very rude and over talked my representative, which was all on a recorded line (After putting us on hold and talking to her) I’m sorry, what manager does house keeping in a upscale hotel??
Both myself and I Left a message for the manager, and surprise surprise no phone call back. I have been over charged almost $700 and they really don’t care. I have a claim in and trying to contact a corporate office, otherwise I have to wait 21 days for an investigation.
I travel frequently and this was my first stay here, I was so excited that this could be a new stop for me as I travel to traverse city often. But now with this not made right, I will not travel again and make sure everyone I know, knows not to stay here.
I’m reaching out hoping someone reads this and makes this right. Charging the full amount twice is not acceptable, and the way I was treated each time I called was heart breaking, being treated as if I’m in the wrong, and being over spoken to when I try to talk

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kellyk236
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2020

Hi kellyk236,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write to us about your experience. Our hotel makes you part of the community with all your luxury experience.

I reviewed your comments, and I'm sorry for the problems with your bill and the way the situation was handle. I understand your disapproval about these matters. I shared your comments with our management and are evaluating ways to improve our guest experience. I sent you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I hope you allow us to serve you soon.

Best wishes,

Oscar C.

Reviewed October 20, 2020

Our friends who live in the area recommended so we booked without looking at any reviews. Our mistake. It is convenient to downtown and if they add room fridge might be good for a summer getaway as it is so close to the water. They were great about moving us from the noisy bay view room — for which there is an up charge but it had windows that sometimes rattled due to the traffic. Only valet parking was a surprise at $15 per night. Nice people but they are way understaffed. We’ve encountered other hotels with the Covid difficulty but they’re missing some critical balance here The decor was ok but somehow lacking. Cold floors, nothing to absorb sound, odd closet added as an afterthought. And this hotel is pricey for the area. .

Room tip: Stay away from bay side unless you wear ear plugs.
1  Thank mazalea2012
IHG Service, Other at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2020

Hi there, mazalea2012!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and room assigned to you. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I'm really sorry. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account. I've shared your comments with our hotel management to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best,