Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Zach P

DO NOT STAY AT HOTEL INDIGO

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 22, 2024
I booked a reservation at Hotel Indigo in September of 2023. Shortly thereafter I cancelled the reservation at the hotel over the phone. Not thinking any further of this I found a charge on my credit card for my full stay at the hotel in May of 2024. After calling the hotel they stated that there is no record of my cancellation and I would be charged for my full two night stay. After numerous calls the hotel and IHG both refused to refund me any of the money that I was charged even after confirming that I did not put down a deposit and the hotels own cancellation policy states "Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation." I never showed up to this hotel and therefore at a minimum even if I had not cancelled the reservation I should not have been charged two nights at the hotel. NEVER STAY at the HOTEL INDIGO, their general manager was unwilling to work with me and IHG was completely unable to help. This hotel and their staff are ineffective and useless and they will rip you off given the chance, even if a mistake was made on their end.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: DO not stay at hotel indigo, their customer service is horrible.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    C$384
  • Official Hotel Site
6.5 km from Hotel Indigo Traverse City, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Traverse City
All reviews rooftop bar valet parking road noise bay view valet staff rain shower water view location is excellent west bay king room third floor winter properties fireplace michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2024 via mobile

The location is unbeatable. You can walk to shopping, restaurants and the beach easily. We had a double room, which was a really good size and nice modern decor. Rooms were clean and comfortable.Valet was cheap and easy, and we never waited for our car. Our room had an amazing view of the water, but with that the noise from the street was really loud. It woke us every morning. We were on the third floor. The noise is the only thing that would stop me from staying again.

Room tip: Get a room on as high a floor as possible. The street noise was bad, even without traffic.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2024

We enjoy dining at the main floor Indigo restaurant. Service is usually exceptional, and the food usually excellent. We typically order the walleye which has always been excellent. The kitchen, according to our server, had just started using a new menu. They had just changed to a panko breaded walleye, and it was a major disappointment. We're not sure if they prepared frozen walleye, if the walleye was old, or both. The fish lacked flavor and was chewy. Sad they we'd be served a below-average meal.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2024

Hi DLEII,

I've read your review of your past stay. Thank you for being our valued guest. Thank you for your loyalty and I'm happy that you've stayed at our Hotel Indigo.

We aim for our guests to have the best hospitality in the city. I’m sorry about what happened during your stay. I will be sharing this feedback with hotel management for immediate correction.

We hope to regain your trust and confidence in our service.

Warm Regards

Carl J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed March 2, 2024 via mobile

I read other reviews to see if people posted the same issue I had last week at the Indigo, and there were many that agreed. The bartender, Steven, is aloof, disinterested and rude. We have stayed here multiple times and love the hotel and location. The valet staff, restaurant staff and front desk staff are fantastic. Just don’t try to wind down for the night with a cocktail and expect to be treated warmly. We visited the bar Thurs- Sat and his awful service was the same each night. Truly makes me want to stop staying here as multiple guests have posted similar reviews yet there has been no change. Do better, Indigo management.

Room tip: Avoid the bar. Breakfast at restaurant is great as is the valet staff.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2024

Hello, Mamapucker4

Your opinion is very important to us. Thank you for staying at our Hotel Indigo Traverse City.

I apologize for the situation you described, and I have shared your sentiment with our management to ensure proper action is taken.

We strive to deliver the most delightful and awesome experience every time.

Our team can't wait to host you again and show you all the improvements and changes based on your valuable feedback.

We hope to see you soon!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed February 26, 2024

Just say no to the Bay view rooms. The rooms themselves, the staff, the property was all very nice. Very friendly staff everywhere we went. Hotel is nicely located downtown and makes walking the old part of the city very easy. But the rooms that look out at the Bay are right on the main road and will wake you up well before you're ready. Very frustrating.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2024

Went to TC over the weekeend with my family for a ski trip. After driving 4 hours to get there we pulled in and were met by the valet. He told me that it is valet only, with a room charge of 18 dollars per night. (plus tip everytime you need your vehicle) The other option was to pay for parking on the street, which would have been about the same price so really no choice. Check in was fine and we had a bayview room. We were asked if we would like housekeeping since we were staying 2 nights and I said of course! Who doesn't want fresh towels!! Well, we didn't receive housekeeping when we returned Saturday night. Next, the walls/ceiling are paper thin. We got to listen to kids running and screaming all night. If you want any sleep, do not get a bayview room. You will be awoken to the autobahn of cars at 6am right outside your room. We spent $230/nt and does not include breakfast... Hotel is nice, but for that amount of money we will never stay there again. Need to invest in soundproofing windows and walls.

Room tip: Do not get Bayview room. Do not use water bottles unless you want to pay $4 ea
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo Traverse City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2024

Hi michael G,

We appreciate you choosing the Hotel Indigo Traverse City for your leisure stay.

We aim that our guests are comfortable and would have a lasting impression of the brand, and I'm sorry for the issues you encountered with us. It is not what we strive for at IHG Hotels and Resorts. Your comments will not go unnoticed, as I have shared them with our management teams. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take steps to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to stop this from occurring again.

I hope we'll remain your dependable choice, as we promise to make your stay more memorable and exciting.

Yours in hospitality,