All reviews state park beach business center hotel is located oatmeal clean hotel front desk staff short drive fitness room comfortable beds complimentary breakfast nice stay pool and hot tub downtown area great place to stay staff was very friendly view of the bay cleanliness
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Six members of the family stayed here for 3 days. The hotel is particularly nice a with a great location opposite the beach and lakefront. The breakfast is great. Rooms have wood panelling and are somewhat elegant. Lobby staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Enjoy the waterfront location (across the road). Lake Michigan sparkles in the summer.
3  Thank Aviron
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The only negative was that it wasn't within walking distance of downtown which would have been nice during a very busy weekend. But we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We visited Traverse City with our friends. Both rooms were clean and had adequate services to meet our requirements. The location was close enough to everything yet was away from a lot of the hustle and bustle of downtown. The breakfast is typical for a Hampton but the service area was very nice and there was not a problem with crowded conditions or finding a comfortable place to eat. The check in/Front desk staff was very good and helpful at all times. I would definitely recommend this property and would return if the need arises.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed 3 nights. Room was cozy, comfortable and CLEAN. Hotel staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast was great. Coffee 24 hrs in the lobby. In a great location, right across the street from a state park (we watched the 4th fireworks there). Would definitely stay again. The only thing we missed having, was a fridge (we needed it for milk and a medicine).

Room Tip: I would not want a room near the lobby, breakfast was near there and very busy.
1  Thank bleach05
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once was many years ago (2003 I think) and now again. I had a free night stay through Hilton Honors points. The hotel is very nicely appointed. Decor is nice and the pool is very nice as well. The rooms are cozy and inviting.

The big problems for me (and my family) is that the A/C fan would not stay on and would shut off for long periods of time, the room would get warm and then come on for a long period of time, shut off again, etc. For some reason, setting the A/C fan to "always on" does not work. It made for an uncomfortable night for all of us. Did not get a good night's sleep.

The other problem was the "kitchen" smell very early in the morning. Our room as impregnated with the smell of burned toast or whatever it is they were cooking. We were on the second floor. I do not know if this is a problem for other floors. It is certainly unpleasant to wake up to those odors invading your room. I would not stay here again unless those problems are fixed.