All reviews state park beach hotel is located clean hotel oatmeal front desk staff short drive fitness room complimentary breakfast nice stay pool and hot tub downtown area great place to stay staff was very friendly view of the bay beds were comfortable cleanliness mi
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our room was beautiful and very comfortable. We would have loved to stay longer. Everything was as we've come to expect from a Hampton Inn. The room was impeccably clean and the beds very comfortable. We will choose this hotel again if we are in the area.

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The good: We were pleasantly surprised with the facilities in this hotel. Everything felt new. The rooms and bathroom were very clean and nicely done. Hallways and elevators were well maintained. According to one of the staff it was renovated 3 years ago.

The so-so:
Check in - I understand that things can get busy during check-in but it was not that busy when we checked in. The lady behind the counter acted impatient with my questions. Parking was limited because 3/4th of the lot was barricaded as they were seal coating the rest. This became inconvenient at first as guests arriving did not know where to go park. The employee seemed to expect that we knew where to go to park. It would have been nice if they warned me that parking was temporarily inconvenient due to the pavement project. My 2 cents is that especially hotel employees, customer service should be over the top since after all it is a hospitality industry.

Breakfast - Breakfast was good overall but the scrambled steak and eggs tasted greasy. I was also hoping there was an egg substitute for those watching their cholesterol but wanted to eat eggs. Otherwise, all other food was fine.

If not for the above experience, I would have rated this hotel 5 stars.

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The hotel is situated on the major road right through the heart of town and the beach is right across the street.
The staff were very helpful. The rooms very clean. Breakfast area was adequate even though the hotel was booked solid. Traverse City area has so much to offer we spent three nights here and could have spent much more.

1  Thank wanderingwonders
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel and staff were great!
I had made 2 separate reservations using 2 different methods, which caused us to end up with 2 different room types. When arriving the Hotel Staff was able to change the reservation so we did not have to check out and check back in. I was not expecting this because I assumed the hotel was sold out for that Saturday night by the time we had arrived.

The breakfast was great, lots to choose from - Hot Items, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, etc. The staff kept the area well stocked considering it was busy every morning we were there

The room was slightly smaller, but that was okay because we didn't spend much time there. It looked like the hotel had recently been remodeled. Everything looked new and modern, very clean.

Overall great stay!

Room tip: May want to get a room with one bed if possible as it will give more room in the room
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed 1 night in here and got a room on the 2nd floor. The hallways were clean and our room with 1 king bed was great for 2 of us. The furnishings were cherry wood look and gave the room and elegant feel. Everything looked new and the bed and linens were very attractive and fresh. They included "soft" pillows and "firmer" pillows so you had a choice. Nice flat screen TV with HBO. There was no mini-frig in our room which we missed but not a big deal - the more expensive rooms had them. The bathroom was clean and well appointed although the grout near the floor looked like it had mold and needed a better cleaning. Again - not a deal breaker at all. One problem for me was that the doors are very heavy and hard to handle when you have arms full of luggage and when people were going in and out in the night - those heavy doors slam VERY LOUDLY. I figure it's the people that should be more considerate and hold them so that they close more quietly when everyone is sleeping. The continental breakfast had more than the usual - had hot scrambled eggs with small chunks of steak and much more. Otherwise - great place - I'd stay again.