We usually stay in Hampton Inns when travelling. We visit Traverse City frequently because it's a great location and we also have family nearby. But I was very disappointed in this Hampton.
First the person who checked us in gave us no information about breakfast availability or hours or hotel amenities like a business center. Maybe he assumed everyone knows this information but I think hotel staff should explain this information anyway.
When we got to our room it was really tiny. I always reserve a room with a king size bed and a sofa because most hotel rooms have only 1 chair and without a sofa I end up sitting on the bed which is not comfortable. The room we got had the bed and the sofa but you could hardly move around the room it was so small and the bathroom was tiny too.
But the worst part was the cleanliness. When we moved the ottoman from in front of the sofa, the floor was covered with potato chip pieces and the sofa had crumbs on it also. There was a chunk of something on the bathroom floor. When I called the front desk they said the room had been cleaned, and I had to insist before they said they come and vacuum the room.
Several of the walls were dirty and the paint was chipped. The bathroom had a shower (no tub) and the seam around the bottom was disgustingly dirty and needed to be scrubbed and resealed.
On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable and the location across the street from the water was good. The morning breakfast was fine, although they don't have nearly enough space for the number of people.
We will find another hotel for our next stay in Traverse City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Traverse City hotel, set in the heart of Traverse City, an area which features over 180 miles of beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline and 149 lakes. In our area, you'll find great train rides, beaches, museums, skiing, shopping, wineries and golf. Visit the freshwater beaches of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore— the sand and clear water will amaze those who've only known saltwater beaches.Venture to Old Mission Village, founded by a missionary in 1839. Still an active community, the village retains many of the original structures, including a general store, Congregational church and mission house.Stay in a warm, comfy guest room at this Traverse City hotel, and enjoy a great night’s sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Start each day refreshed with Hampton’s free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the hotel’s large indoor swimming pool or work out in the fitness center with a range of cardio machines. Stay on top of work in the business center, fully equipped with printing, faxing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Traverse City Michigan