All reviews small airport full size refrigerator home away from home convenient location complimentary breakfast fresh fruit living room oatmeal indoor pool we've stayed staff was friendly nice breakfast front desk staff fitness room great customer service fitness center evening reception
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights last weekend when we were in town for a The location was perfect. Walking distance to shopping, in case you forget something (which we did). Rooms were really clean and had everything we needed. We we're so busy that we didn't gave time to take advantage of the little kitchenette. But if we ever came back with the kids that would be a money saver for meals! Rooms were very clean and felt like we were the only ones on our floor. Breakfast was free and decent. My husband wasn't too crazy about the food but I thought they had a variety of options. Staff was very helpful, maybe not the friendliest but they were pretty busy. Saturday morning there was two staff members working the front desk. Sunday morning there was one lady working a lone. She was really friendly and helpful but looked pretty busy. I asked her if we could check in our bags while we go to church since we had to check out and did not have a place to keep them. She was very kind and helped us with this. I probably came back to the front desk to ask a question or buy something four times that morning and every time I could tell she was busy but always smiled and was helpful. When we got back from church to pick up our things she was still working. She gave us our belongings and my husband and I stayed in the lobby to wait on our Lyft ride. At that point another female staff member had come in and was working up front with her.From the way she was speaking it sounded like she was a manager or supervisor. I was appauled at the way she was talking to this staff member who had been by herself all morning. I have never witnesses something as unprofessional as this in my lifetime. I'm not sure exactly what happened but this poor lady was so polite and respectful explained herself in a professional manner while her supervisor/manager kept verbally attacking her. Definitely a conversation that shouldn't even been happening in a private room let alone in front of guests in the main lobby. When the supervisor/manager left I approached her to give her some encouragement after being treated so awfully, especially after seeing her working so hard all morning. She had a very kind and warm personality and definitely helped to make our stay there pleasant. I hope that she will be recognized for this.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great complimentary breakfasts; clean rooms. I had a King suite and the kitchen & bathroom were spotless. Two TVs. This is not a new place, but it is very nice, and very comfortable. I especially enjoyed making my own hot waffles!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Excellent hotel chain. Very comfortable/clean rooms with all accommodations. Complimentary breakfast was great. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel chain. Very nice stay!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Melissa W, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Carey021004,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review of our hotel. It was exciting to read the kind comments about our staff, accommodations and breakfast! We will be sure to share your review with the team as we always appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We arrived early (1pm) and while the room was not ready, they sure called me in less than an hour to say one was available. I appreciate things like that. The coffee in the lobby was very good, and what I really liked about the room was the fact the windows actually opened. All in all a decent place. Breakfast was fine and I loved the strange (to me) addition of kim chee, seawood snacks and other Asian items on the buffet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear ARKSugarLand,

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with a thoughtful review of your recent stay at our hotel and for the kind words. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed the coffee in the lobby (good coffee is a must) and the variety at our breakfast. Please do visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We traveled to Detroit for the Woodward Ave Dream Cruise. We chose this hotel because of its location which we found to be excellent. Our experience here was great except that we couldn't get internet access. The hotel put us in touch with tech support and then experienced all of the tech support horror stories that you've heard. Unkept call back promises, put on hold and forgotten, no resolution. We asked for another room, but the hotel was full. We got a $50 credit for three days without internet. This is a very nice place, but don't accept this kind of lousy treatment.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W

Dear Robert W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you were able to stay with us while attending the Dream Cruise and enjoyed your visit. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the internet and the poor tech support. Staying connected is very important and I wanted to let you know that we replaced the access point in room 334 to ensure that issues such as this do not happen again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Troy area you will visit us again.