“Tremendous Dinner and Generous Pour”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 326 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 16 Mile Road & Coolidge
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I was recently at the capital grille my personal favorite steak house and formal dinner place. I know that it is a franchise but this particular location is like family. Every staff member is an amazing person and truly treat you as their special guest. The general manager checks on the tables enough to know the care for your business. I recommend the filet and the wonderful dejection of oysters. Always a tremendous selection of wines and drinks.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I went for lunch during Restaurant Week, and unfortunately was disappointed in the food. Two out of five of our lunches were either overlooked or undercooked. This totally surprised me as my previous experiences there were outstanding! I sent an email to their home office and the next day I received a call from the manager of the restaurant. He apologized and said they would send me a gift certificate. Two days later I received a $75 gift card in the mail! Capital Grille is still on the top of my list!

Reviewed September 4, 2017

this is really the place for meat-lovers. I have visited The Capital Grille in Philadelphia and Troy and both places are remarkable. Too bad the don't realize that a little cheese plate after diner would be perfect to finish wines ...

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Not a bad spot to visit at the end of a shopping trip.
The bartender was exceptional - attentive , informative and ensured bar customers received top drawer service while maintaining a steady flow of cocktails to restaurant servers.

Wine selection is great ....by the glass ! and we enjoyed our fav Truffle fries , and a good ceasar salad. The steak tartar had great presentation but was a little dry and unseasoned for my liking - Note - disclosure I've been spoiled by some amazing tartar around the world . Good but not outstanding.

Overall another terrific visit - consistent with other Cap Grille locations.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We have a tendency to always include Capital Grille in our Troy Restaurant Week visits. As always in the past, we were not disappointed.

The great selection of dinner options gives everyone a chance to find their favorites. Two of us and filets and one had a New York strip and as usual all were done to perfection.

Side dishes for sharing of green beans and mashed potatoes were just right and the bread basket & drinks were always full.

The wonderful food is complemented by the experienced service staff which took care of our every needs.

By the time we got to dessert we couldn't eat it all. In fact we brought one home & enjoyed it the next day.

The Troy restaurant week gives people a chance to try out restaurants they might not usually visit, but the Capital Grillewill always be on our short list.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!