“Expensive, but worth every cent”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 313 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 16 Mile Road & Coolidge
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Lunch for two consisted of a number of appetizers (steak tartare, shrimp cocktails, oysters on the half shell and 2 salads). Everything we ordered was exquisite. Perfect steak tartare, plump fresh oysters, tangy shrimp cocktails and 2 crisp salads.

As good as the food were the servers. Despite our casual attire, we never were made to feel out of place. Very professional and knowledgeable were the staff.

The total for 2 was just under $100, and was well justified.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Incredibly consistent excellent service here, and the food is usually incredible as well. We must’ve hit an off-night...one of our steaks was cooked too well, a few other food mistakes, and (incredibly) we were charged a $75 corking fee to open a bottle of wine that we provided ourselves. Not going to rush back. And their coconut cream pie was whipped cream piled on a crust with a sprinkling of coconut shavings. Very underwhelmed. Too bad, really.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary August 19th in the wine room. The food was absolutely delicious. We invited 15 guests and EVERYONE was impressed. The room was beautifully appointed with rose petals on the table. Our server, Brandon, was OUTSTANDING. He was attentive to everyone’s needs, polite and efficient. All of the staff went above and beyond, but Brandon really made an indelible impression on our guests. Most of our guests said they would return to the Capital Grille for their special occasions after attending our anniversary dinner. I was not able to rate the service, food, or value BUT all three were definitely 5Star.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I hesitated to write this review because I have been coming to this restaurant on and off for many years and have enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Today was one of the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. I was seated at the bar for a late lunch, I couldn't decide between 2 items, so I asked the bartender, Jason, after telling him that I was gluten intolerant. He then gave me a gluten free menu, but the items I wanted were not on that menu, a salad and a lobster/crab burger (without the bun), but he said if I needed gluten free to order off the menu to be sure. So I found another dish, specifying no panko, as the menu indicated to do.
Do to dim lighting and stimulating conversion, I took 2 bites of my fish before realizing it was, indeed, sprinkled with panko crumbs. I brought it to Jason attention, he checked with the kitchen to see if they were gluten free, they were not. He offered to replace it with a true gluten free dish, but if you know anything about gluten intolerance, the damage was done, I will suffer for days! I was ok with the response of replacing my meal, but the lack of understanding, especially in a fine dining establishment, is unacceptable.
Jason never apologized nor did the manager, who actually never even came over.
In fairness, they did comp my wine!

1  Thank scarlett1960
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Perfect Dry aged with spinach cream and creme brule with seasonal berries like dessert. The service is really good.

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!