“Great appetizers, charming place”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 320 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Big Beaver
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Troy restaurant is uniquely designed to create an inviting, original and relaxed atmosphere, where guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience. The menu is printed twice daily, featuring the signature "Fresh Fish" highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to aged steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. McCormick & Schmick's commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered.
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I received an email as a Landry's Select Club member that they had a BOGO oyster offer, and decided to visit the place as I would be in the vicinity that weekend. I made an online reservation (process was pretty easy) and received another coupon for a free appetizer (upto $12.99) from the restaurant.

On Saturday, we finished our event early and so called the restaurant to bring our reservation forward, which they immediately agreed to. We reached there and found no one at the front desk. However, a few mins of waiting later, we were seated in a booth. Our server was great, and the menu had good options for seafood.

FYI, there are only 3 apps on the list with prices below $12.99, so that's a bummer, however, we selected the mushrooms stuffed with seafood, which was delicious. The oysters were great too!

For the main course, I chose a shrimp stuffed with crab entree, while my husband chose a blackened Mahi Mahi. I found portion sizes of the sea food a bit disappointing (I had just 4 pieces of shrimp!) but that was complimented with a large dollop of mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.

Note of caution: The desserts, if you order them, are HEAVY! I wasn't too full after lunch so thought I'd give dessert a shot. The bread pudding my husband ordered looked large enough to be a meal on it's own, and the chocolate mousse pie I ordered was a slice of a solid chocolate almost, which while delicious, was extremely heavy and I had to take the rest home with me.

Overall, the food tasted great, however, the restaurant is a bit expensive. Would be great for occasions as it has a nice ambiance.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 4, 2017

We had a reservation for 7 PM with 4 people and were looking forward to having a nice Saturday evening.

First, a waitress were taking orders for drinks, but she told us she would not take care of us further, as she was busy. After a while a waiter came asking us if we would have been helped already. We told him a waitress would be serving drinks but no, we would not have a waiter yet. He never came back. After a while the waitress finally came with the drink and that she was our waitress now.

After more than half an hour, we finally ordered our food. We ordered appetizers and dinner at the same time. After 1.5 hours we finally got our appetizers and after about 2 hours we left the restaurant, because our dinner still was not ready.
People sitting at a table next to us, who came about 45 minutes later than we did, were finishing up their dinner already.

The most ridiculous part was, that they even made us paying the whole bill with the appetizers and drinks instead of sending a sing of apology and having this on the house.

Additionally, there was no warm water in the bathroom and two out of three paper towel dispensers were empty at 8 PM in the evening.

This is a clear sign for me that this restaurant is going down the hill and we are certainly not going back there, even though we were there quite a few times before and even have a rewards card.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at McCormick and Schmick, and it confirmed my impression that the entire chain has deteriorated. Service was poor because only one server was working in two different areas. Beyond that, though, the kitchen was awful. Soup was served barely lukewarm. When we sent one bowl back, the server didn't inquire whether the other bowl also needed to be heated. Lettuce was limp and way overdressed in the salads, grilled shrimp was cold, and for the price, the experience was extremely disappointing. We won't be back.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 19, 2017

I really like the food at this restaurant but portion sizes are small. The appetizers are great but you'll need them to feel like you've had a complete meal. What I LOVE about this restaurant is that although they're considered a fine dining restaurant, they still continue to honor our veterans EVERY year with a free meal for Veteran's day. It's usually the Sunday before or after Veteran's day. So many of us, especially business' who are out to make money, forget those who have fought for our freedom and risked their lives for ours. My dad always said it's sometimes the little things that make a difference, and a token of thanks and appreciation can make someone's day special. I'll always dine here.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Went for dinner. The main dining room was rather empty. I was escorted to a booth and greeted by a reluctant waiter. He didn't introduce himself (as he did to other tables) just said, I'll guess I'll take your order. I ordered a Chef's special pre fixe that comes with soup, entree and dessert. The soup came out fast. Like 1 minute fast, which is enough time to microwave the soup. When I asked for a peppermill, the waiter ran off and never came back with it. I consumed my soup and slide my bowl over near the end of the table where it sat all meal. My entree came, and it was bland. I asked again for a peppermill and this time after a few minutes, the waiter stopped by with it. Didn't seem to pleasant. After consuming my meal, the entree dish was cleared as the soup bowl remained. Dessert came. It was a lava cake. Well the cake collapsed and looked like a mess with a crushed heath bar on top. The heath bar made it just nasty. I asked for a dessert without the heath bar. Surely they would improve the presentation of the dessert. Well, no, same dessert that was mediocre at best with an uninspiring execution. I didn't even finish dessert when this joker of a wait dropped of the bill and asked twice if I signed the statement and was ready for him to take it.

I am overwhelmingly disappointed with this place. We deserve better from such a strong Concept.

Date of visit: February 2017