“Long Dinner but Worth it?”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 286 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver and Crooks
Description: We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Went here for a surprise birthday party for my daughter, we had the four course meal and the waitress was entertaining. The food was good but it took forever to complete the meal service (almost three hours). I had arrived early and paid for a birthday celebration bouquet of balloons so that it would be on the table when my daughter arrived (it was) but when the bill arrived for the meal they tried to charge us for the bouquet again; luckily I had kept my receipt and they removed the charge. Interesting adventure for a meal.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Service at this gem was outstanding. Waiter was very helpful and manager stopped by table to greet us. Very friendly and attentive staff. Some of the best service we have had in a while. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I've been to the others in Novi and A2 which are no longer in business. No wonder they are closed down.
Anyway... I went to Troy with my husband because I was craving fondue. Coincidently and luckily it was restaurant week.
My husband and I aren't big fan of meat fondue, so it'd have been a much better deal if we had skipped restaurant week and just ordered some cheese and chocolate fondue.
I guess during restaurant week they are extremely busy, so don't expect to have a relaxing dinner with your partner - if that's the case.
Once we got there and were sit, 4 different waiters/waitresses tried to help us. We didn't know to who we should place our order. One brought us water, the other, wine, another took our order....
It seemed we didn't have much time to decide on what we want to eat.
I wish we had a more peaceful and relaxing night.

Man, it's a lot of food!!!!!! A 3-course fondue dinner is way too much of food! Delicious, though.

Next time I'll go during a week other than restaurant week, and will order the cheese fondue only.

Cheers!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Bday fun with 3 generations. Celebrating my granddaughters bday. Service was exceptional & food marvelous. They even made Bday card @ our table which delighted all! Cheese fondue with extra sides & turtle chocolate fondue perfect.
A very memorable loving time.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The cheese fondue is amazing And who doesn't like chocolate fondue?! It's pricey but worth it every time! Often we skip the main course and just have the cheese and chocolate!

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!