“A Place for Friends”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 302 Restaurants in Troy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2018

A nice atmosphere for a casual dining experience where there is plenty of foot traffic and plenty of space to sprawl out as the tables and boots are a good size. Food is good but overall a nice place to frequent with friends!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I am not a big chain restaurant person but J. Alexander's performance is chain like only that quality food and service are consistent at all the locations I have frequented. I love their crab cakes, smashed potatoes and their beet salad.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

There is nothing like having a martini and grilled salmon at J Alexander’s, The martini is generous and you even get the leftover chilled in a shot glass. The grilled salmon with couscous is simply the best! The employees there are very professional and I like it that they are willing to give you their own recommendations. So do your STOP SHOP at J Alexander’s and you will not regret it.

1  Thank Salyon67
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Food was good but we were being a bit rushed & our server made a couple of errors.

The tonic in my drink was flat. When I inquired, the waitress said it was from a bottle, so essentially nothing could be done.

We had asked for two checks & she forgot. So when we reminded her, we ended up with four. Very weird!

Reviewed April 12, 2018

I have never had a bad meal at J Alexander's and I have eaten there many times. The salads are great and big! The burger is always good. I tend to order the same few things because they are so good. My absolute favorites being the Fire-grilled artichoke (I always ask for drawn butter with it) which is big enough to share and the steak Maui. I love the marinate on the steak.
If you want to be sure to get a good meal this is one of the few restaurants that never has a bad day.

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!