“Great service & front desk staff”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Traverse City
“Great service & front desk staff”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We've stayed here many times & I feel the manager & staff are very interested in any problems. On one of our visits in December I found lots of hairs in the tub & hairs on the sheets when I pulled back the bedding. I called the front desk & asked for clean sheets as it was late & I didn't want to change rooms. The next morning they gave us a voucher for a free nights stay. The rooms are nicely decorated & maintained & I really like their hot breakfast. The beds are very comfortable but we did have a little trouble with the heat & air, couldn't keep the room at a comfortable temp & it was somewhat noisy when it ran. Maybe that's par with most of the systems in hotels. The manager is always very friendly and a down to earth person. They offered us a special hospital rate as we were making regular trips from northern Michigan to visit my husband's Mother who had moved into an assisted living facility & had sold her home. We really appreciated getting a good rate & have enjoyed our comfortable room with a very nice T.V,

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luv2skigirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have stayed here before-staff was excellent. Helped me find a replacement USB cable for my iphone so I didn't have to go out in the bad weather to find one. I got a king suite. Rooms were nice with comfortable bed. Free drink coupons and soda in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nice hotel - good evening reception w/very good food selections. Get 3 drink coupon too! Little bit of an upcharge if you have a 2nd person w/you and/or also if you want a king size bed - so if that's the case there are some cheaper places. Nice Breakfast selection. Not too far from upscale mall. Not much to walk to nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Stargazer_IL
London, Ontario
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Want a place to feel like home away from home. The drury makes you feel comfortable. Smiling staff. Evening reception is wonderful. What more could you ask for!!

Room Tip: If you travel with your pet, ask for a room close to an exit. The staff are more than willing to he...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We spent four days at the Troy Michigan Drury Suites in a two bedroom suite with four of our preteen and teenage grandchildren. (Yes, for six people it would have been easier with 2 baths instead of one). It was clean and convenient. There was a shuttle bus that took us to the Shopping Centres when the males in our group had the car at a Detroit Tigers game. There is always something to drink (soft drinks) in the reception area. Breakfast was fine for a breakfast and the free drinks were great on nights that we weren't driving to an event.
We could hear persons in the halls.
It's proximity to I-75 gave us freedom to explore the Detroit area. Help were pleasant. We were there in mid-August 2011.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
State College
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The amenities were great but I found this place to be noisy. I stayed there form 12/11 - 12/16 (Sunday - Thursday) so I have 5 good data points.

1st. I could hear the guy above me when he used the restroom. That's just gross. Just sick man.

2nd. I could hear folks in the hallway talking. This was bothersome at 10:30 pm!!

3rd. I could hear folks in the room above we walking and talking. It didn't seem like they were having a party. Just talking.

I consulted with another guy in my group he mentioned that he was also bothered by the noise. I won't be staying at Drury again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tej2800
Windsor
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed the hotel and staff.

The Rooms are as nice if not better then most 4 star hotels, but unlike 4 star hotels which charge you for every thing the Drury inn gives you free Wifi, breakfast, 5:30 Kickbacks Drinks (Draft Beer & well drinks) and snacks with free popcorn and fountains drinks from 2pm-10pm, plus free local and long distance calls.. The fact that you can get all these extras and a 2 room suite for around $100 is amazing.

Lots of shopping near by which works out nice as I stay back with the kids and enjoy the pool while the wives go shopping.

Room Tip: if you stay on Weekends the price is lower. We recommend a suite that way the kids have thier own TV...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family