“Overlooked/Excellent Hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This is not one of the "brand name" hotels on the market but they are extremely friendly and a great place to stay. An unexpected surprise. Stayed in a suite with plenty of room for a family of four. Everything was clean. Breakfast was average. Overall, would stay here again if in the area. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Suites are worth it for a group/family.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank legalsec_81
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I'd visited a different Drury Inn and so knew the accommodations would be great. This location absolutely met my expectations. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and the beds are soooo comfortable. I've paid more at other hotels that haven't impressed me as much. Their a.m. breakfast and evening cocktail hour that are included in the price of the stay are fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bworm
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Needed to get away from the same four walls for a night. Suite was very spacious and CLEAN. Be sure to get in on the 5:30 pm "Kickback." Snacks on Friday night included a nacho bar and drinks and includes free breakfast in the morning. Also near shopping. Now i've got a much clearer head!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KARLEY K
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here twice. Now our preferred hotel in the Detroit area since it is dog friendly. There are other dog friendly hotels in the area, but the other hotels have weight or size restrictions. We needed a "Great Dane friendly" hotel (Marmaduke size dog). Drury Inn does not have height or weight restrictions. Now our big girl can travel with us making it easier to see family in the area. Great danes are very quiet, barely shed and tend to be extraordinarily friendly and well-behaved and we're very grateful that the Drury allowed our dog to stay with us. There is also plenty of room behind the hotel to walk a dog. The front desk is very helpful and the rooms are very clean. Thanks so much, we'll be back again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shikahgo
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We've stayed here many times & I feel the manager & staff are very interested in any problems. On one of our visits in December I found lots of hairs in the tub & hairs on the sheets when I pulled back the bedding. I called the front desk & asked for clean sheets as it was late & I didn't want to change rooms. The next morning they gave us a voucher for a free nights stay. The rooms are nicely decorated & maintained & I really like their hot breakfast. The beds are very comfortable but we did have a little trouble with the heat & air, couldn't keep the room at a comfortable temp & it was somewhat noisy when it ran. Maybe that's par with most of the systems in hotels. The manager is always very friendly and a down to earth person. They offered us a special hospital rate as we were making regular trips from northern Michigan to visit my husband's Mother who had moved into an assisted living facility & had sold her home. We really appreciated getting a good rate & have enjoyed our comfortable room with a very nice T.V,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2skigirl
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have stayed here before-staff was excellent. Helped me find a replacement USB cable for my iphone so I didn't have to go out in the bad weather to find one. I got a king suite. Rooms were nice with comfortable bed. Free drink coupons and soda in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nice hotel - good evening reception w/very good food selections. Get 3 drink coupon too! Little bit of an upcharge if you have a 2nd person w/you and/or also if you want a king size bed - so if that's the case there are some cheaper places. Nice Breakfast selection. Not too far from upscale mall. Not much to walk to nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business