“Good place to stay”
Review of Somerset Inn

Somerset Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 24 March 2012

It is an older hotel, but has been updsted nicely. No pool or hot tub. Next to a huge mall with alot of high end stores. Many restaurants nearby. Staff very polite & professional. Very welcoming!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank rh55

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights as part of our American shopping experience. The location was perfect, as the hotel was directly across the street from the mall. The reception staff was friendly and professional. Our room appeared to be updated and the double beds were most comfortable with an assortment of wonderful pillows to choose from. We decided to have breakfast at the hotel and felt it was worth the extra we paid. The attentive nature of the staff was amazing. As soon as you walked into Crumpets, you were seated , poured iced water and offered coffee. There is nothing like sitting down to breakfast served on a linen table cloth and napkins. I definitely did not miss the buffet breakfast offered on plastic plates and cutlery at other name brand hotels. Sometimes, we just need that special attention to make us feel so good.
We will definitely consider this hotel on our next shopping trip to Michigan.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilga
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The hotel was very nice, but one thing that bugged me was the old power plug covers. All the rest is modern, but the light switch covers and power plug covers are from the 70's, and kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Also I wish that the shower head was nicer, and that there wasnt a fan directly in front of my face when I shower :D those things aside, it was very nice!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Hoganator63
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Somerset Inn is one of the best hotels we have experienced. The entire staff was most helpful to us during the entirety of our two week stay.
You can't beat the location. Situated across the street from the fashionable Somerset Mall and across the street from the Somerset Apartments which has an excellent walking circle.
The room was very clean and maintained well.
We will definitely stay here again when we visit Michigan from Arizona.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank willieSunCityWestAZ
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stayed at the Somerset Inn from January 8, 2012 through January 12, 2012 while moving my son from North Carolina to Michigan. The place is nice and in a great location. I thought it was a lot of money for the room. I paid $119 the first night and $144 the other nights. I think, but I'm not sure, the cost went up because of the International Auto Show (which i didn't know was there when I booked). The room was clean but can use some updates. The bed was hard and, while looking at the mattress and box spring, you could see they were old. It has a restaurant on site and I highly recommend the Chicken Parmesian for $19.99. For what I was paying I would have liked to have had complimentary breakfast. The restaurant does open for breakfast, but I did not try it. Oh yeah, and it is directly across from a huge (pricey) mall. But it was fun walking around even if I couldn't afford anything in it. All in all, I would stay here again. It was a nice place, just a little on the costly side.

Room Tip: I was in room 100 on the bottom floor. It was very quiet. The only concern I had about the first flo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Goldenhare
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This hotel is just steps away from the nicest mall in Michigan & minutes away from downtown Birmingham. The staff was very friendly, and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. They helped me choose a restaurant (for my somewhat picky group)! They also have a free business & printing station in the lobby and free wi-fi in rooms! Rooms are very clean and quiet. I enjoyed a nice breakfast in the restaurant. We will stay here for all future shopping trips in Troy!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ttravelin
Reviewed 15 December 2011

So when my wife and kids go shopping over in the states. We always stay at Summerset Inn. It is right across the street from The Summerset Collection. The rooms have always been clean, the staff is great. If you are Canadian they offer a Canadian Deal which includes Full Breakfast and 20% off dinner, Plus discount coupon to the mall and other services in the area.
The Tower room are cheaper than the garden rooms but we have found the beds to more comfortable in the tower. Lots of business travellers during the week.

In the evening they have fresh bake cookies waiting for you. I always tell people if they are coming to the Troy area to give this hotel a chance.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms seem to have better beds and cheaper rates too.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family