See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Stayed last min memorial weekend.The room was old with a scratched up tub, nasty lamp shade and 80s tv.(like other reviews) the bar area was nice looking and smelled great but the rooms are terrible.You can update an old building and still keep that old style.Coffee not made till 8;00 so I had to drive to mcds for coffee.You can walk couple blocks to the beach.also,our room was right over bar entrance ...bad idea!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank parklap3
Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

The room was very basic but mostly clean. Bring your own toiletries including hair dryer and shampoo. And even though it's listed is a "bed and breakfast" breakfast costs another $12 per person and is served at the sister Inn up the road. We probably won't be back.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2015

We recently spent two nights here. The inn is reminiscent of a bygone era. The woodwork is absolutely beautiful. The general area of Union Pier reminds me of the '60s and 70s vacations of my childhood. Fun to see old cabins and inns. Unfortunately, the big thing lacking here was service. When we arrived, there was a very nice woman at the desk. She was friendly and helpful. There was also a cleaning person who checked to be certain we had everything we needed. The rest of the staff couldn't be troubled. The room lacked amenities that would have been overlooked had the service been good.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank familytraveler87
Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

Not enjoyable at all!!! Overpriced, whirlpool tub was dirty, very dusty, old piping very loud! Drunk people next to us, you can't call anyone because no one's there. Restaurant looked good, but wait staff were not friendly, so we didn't try it. Pass on this one!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn E
Reviewed May 26, 2015

I felt like I was stepping back in time when I entered this lovely old gem of a hotel. The rooms are very basic but clean. The beds might be a little more comfortable and tne windows could use modernization, but everything feels authentic to the early 20th century. (They do provide a small 1990s-era TV in the old wardrobe, if you feel you need such distraction amidst the beauty of Lake Michigan and local hiking and biking.) With an old-fashioned sink and antique furnishings in the bedroom and an attached bathtub/toilet room, the room I had was more than adequate. I was there to attend a big family event at the sister Lakeside Inn a couple miles away, so I spent more time there, but the staff members (who split their time between the two inns) were courteous and helpful. I was there in early May, before the season began, and got a great deal of two nights for the price of one, a real bargain. I imagine that it's pretty crazy during the season, which starts in earnest in late June. The restaurant housed in the Gordon Beach Inn, Timothy's, is comfortable and has an eclectic and classy menu. The beach was quiet and lovely at this time of year. I would go back in a heartbeat, and hope to do so soon.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo