“Driftwood Suite”

Goldberry Woods Bed & Breakfast Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Union Pier B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Goldberry Woods for our honeymoon at the end of August. We booked for 1 night, but loved the place so much that we added on a second night! Eric and Julie were wonderful hosts and there was so much to do on the property alone. We rode bikes, kayaked and ventured into town to try the local dinner spots. Our room was wonderful, clean and comfortable and the breakfast at the house was delicious and so unique. We will definitely be returning in the future!

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife & I stayed at Goldberry for our 1 year anniversary in August of 2017. The room was fantastic - excellent design and very cozy. The food was delicious and plentiful. The grounds have plenty to explore - we checked out the micro-farm, the trails, and used the free kayaks that Goldberry provided which was awesome! Highly recommend a drift down the river as a to-do. Julie & Eric were wonderful hosts and made the stay extremely accommodating and also provided good feedback for what to do/where to eat in the area. This was the 1st B&B my wife and I had tried, and though I'm sure not all will measure up to this one, we are sold on the B&B life!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

If you go to Union Pier and its sister Harbor Country towns, there's plenty of sun, beach and crowds. What Goldberry Woods offers is a charming haven: close to the beaches, but with its own wooded trails; a micro-farm with flowers and fruit trees; and gracious and knowledgable hosts. Eric and Julie serve wonderful breakfasts in a caring, cordial atmosphere in a B&B with old rooms and unique decor, but modern conveniences like central air-conditioned.

The only cautionary note: they have a cat, but though I'm terribly allergic, I had no trouble at all inside -- only if I sat too close outside.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay, conversing with our hosts and the other guests, and plan to come back next year. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were in the Silver Maple room, and the wood bed frame was quite something. Also loved the skyligh...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The beds, the breakfasts, the bath tubs... Need I say more? Nestled in the woods, Goldberry Woods is a hidden treasure in Southwest Michigan. Julie and Eric are gracious hosts along with all of the wonderful people who tend to the Inn and the farm. The only thing I would have changed was the length of our stay - a few more days on the beach or in the hammock and more of those breakfasts...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The place is magical and I thouroughly enjoyed the rooms, food and the grounds. They have a wonderful garden full of unique vegetables and fruits that are used in the delicious breakfasts. I wish I could have stayed longer. They had excellant information on the area and I plan to come back when I have more time to enjoy everything the area has to offer.

Room Tip: Loved room we rented with a bedroom and room with sleeper sofas, though we didn't find the sleep...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We were delighted with everything about our weekend getaway to Goldberry Woods. Eric and Julie made it to easy to relax and explore this beautiful area with their tips on activities, beautiful grounds and delicious organic breakfasts. The generosity of offering seconds at breakfast and wine and cheese laid out at the end of the day made us feel at home . We stayed in the White Birch room which was enormous with a dozen windows surrounded by trees, a lovely birch bed, a jacuzzi ,and a sunporch with trundle bed. The beautiful details in the inn, and artistic details in the microfarm and along the path to the river were charming. We had fun exploring the area, minutes away from a Lake Michigan beach walk, or a Three Oaks theater and distillery outing. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room shower would be difficult climb if disabled.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Both of our children and their families spent four days together at Union Pier. Goldberry Woods is a great place to stay -- unique rooms, quiet and peaceful area, wonderful organic breakfasts, and very nice hosts. This was our second time to stay here and the second time was as great as the first!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Inn at Union Pier
#2 of 4 in Union Pier
1.2 km away
Garden Grove Bed & Breakfast

Been to Goldberry Woods Bed & Breakfast Cottages? Share your experiences!