“Fresh subs”

Buscemi's of Utica
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Buscemis here has fabulous fresh made to order subs if you want or freshly made prewrapped subs ready to grab if in a hurry!!! The ingredients are always fresh and the dressing added to the subs make it that much better!! I love to grab subs from here for lunch for kids and are perfect convenient way to bring lunch for on our boating outings in summer. Very fast service, good subs, and have convenience of anything needed all in one stop. The only negative I can say about this place is that the staff is not always very friendly. I do recommend for great submarine sandwiches though

Reviewed November 11, 2015

We are originally from the Detroit/Utica/Royal Oak areas. We moved north about 30 years ago and my parents for as long as I can remember have always brought us to Buscemi's to get subs and pizza whenever we make a trip to that area. So, Buscemi's is a family tradition for us and my cousin even had one of their 12-foot subs at her baby shower. They recently remodeled their store on Hall Rd within the last 2 years and it looks great! Nice and clean looking, they did a very good job. The gentleman that helped us (not sure if he was an owner) but he was a very nice man, went out of his way to help my Mom out with her purchase. We love it there! Keep up the great work and delicious food!

Reviewed October 13, 2015

There was a time when Buscemi's pizza was one of my favorites. But the last few times I've had it, the crust seems "pre-baked" and just doesn't integrate with the pizza as a whole. I think that they've changed there procedure in order to kick out pizzas quicker, and it's not a good change. Too bad, because the sauce is (and has always been) delicious. Go to Jets instead.

Reviewed March 2, 2015 via mobile

I've always loved their pizza and subs. The best part is you can stop by and grab a slice or two and get your lunch to go on the road. They are always hot and delicious. We buy their pizza dough when we make pizza at home with the kids. They sell it for a dollar or two. A Detroit classic.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have loved Buscemi's pizza since I was a youngster growing up in Utica. Unfortunately, their expansion over the past few years has led to a significant reduction i the quality of food offered at most of the locations. Utica is still the best, but my experiences at the other stores has affected my impression even of the Utica store. The food quality has gone from some of the best pizzeria fare to just this side of gas station quickie mart fare. Disappointing.

Been to Buscemi's of Utica? Share your experiences!