“dont stay here...”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Warren
Sault Ste Marie, ON
“dont stay here...”
Reviewed 10 April 2010

stayed here while going to a wings game, did not feel safe at all, seemed to be partys all around us and gangs hanging out outside our room, red stain on carpet which i assumed to be blood, room was extremely dirty

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Michigan
Reviewed 28 December 2009

One of the WORST experience I have ever had. It was dirty, unsafe, and uncomfortable. No battery in the smoke alarm, dirty towels were still in the room, smelled terrible and shower/bathroom was GROSS! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Warren hotels

Ontario
Reviewed 30 January 2008

Where do I start. I booked 15 rooms at this establishment for my sons hockey team. We were looking for something affordable, clean and with kitchenette if possible. When I phoned, the manager was more than helpful ensuring we would all be placed close to each other and most rooms would have kitchenettes or atleast a microwave and fridge. He even offered to get paper plates etc. for the kitchens if we required. My family arrived at the hotel at about 8:30pm and were greeted by other team mates that had already experienced the ECONO LODGE. They were telling me to make sure I checked the room before I paid for it, commenting on the unpleasant experiences they had trying to find and clean, comfortable room at this place. Looking around the lobby I noticed signs that read "ABSOLUTLY NO REFUNDS AFTER 15 MINUTES!!" That should have been a RED FLAG to run, but it was getting late and where was I to run to? I went and checked out the room...it was cold (the heat wasn't on), but it looked clean. The bathroom was in rough shape (patch job on bathrrom door and cracked tiles), but it would do for 1 night until we could find something better for the rest of the weekend. I called the front desk to ask for more blankets because the room was still very cold. My husband had to go and get a key and take blankets from another room as the desk clerk said it would take him an hour to do it himself. We got the kids tucked into bed and decided to call it a night ourselves. As we were pulling down the sheets, I noticed some long hairs by the pillows...did these belong to the housekeeper or someone else? Upon pulling down the sheets farther we discovered a huge nasty spot in our bed...THE SHEETS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED!!!! We thought we would be sick!!!!!! Now the kids were in bed, our van hand been empitied into the room ...what am I going to do??? Again the guy at the desk gave me a key to get sheets from another room and change my bed myself. Well needless to say, no one sleep that night, we checked out by 6:30am, breakfast was to be included, but by the state of the guestrooms I didn't really have an appitite or the courage left to check it out. The team moved next door to the Quality Inn which was nice and clean and met our needs. (It was even $5.00 less per night!!) Anyway...consider yourself warned!!!!!!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank OntarioMother
Michigan
Reviewed 2 December 2007

My wife and I reserved a room for two close friends of ours online. When our friends were on their way, I called the Econo Lodge to make sure everything was all set. The rude girl on the phone said she would not accept my payment for the room saying "I don't know who you are", and "I don't make the rules, I just work here". I explained that I had reserved the room for them online with a credit card, and they would be there any minute. She then said "Why don't you just have them pay?". I told her that I thought it was ridiculous that she would not take my payment for my friends.. then she HUNG up on me. When I called back and asked for her name to report her to management, she said I was "harrassing" her and "stalking" her. I was appalled and extremely frustrated. My friends ended up having to pay for the room to my embarrasement. I drove down there (20 min later) to get them a refund, and pay for the room in person. She offered no apology, and it seemed her whole family was sitting in the lobby hanging around. The next day, my friends mentioned to the same girl that they didn't appreciate them hanging up on me. The girl then told them that I had called and harrassed here "all day long". Unbelievable. My friends also mentioned that there was graffiti on the walls, and the room was in poor condition. Stay away from this Econo Lodge in Warren, Michigan.

• Disliked — Customer Service Was Terrible With A Complete Lack Of Respect.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank michiganguy1