All reviews waffles during weekends highway exit paw paw large area soap scum nice property nice bonus easy access rooms are nice the water park area waterpark surfari st joe michigan barn
Reviewed August 7, 2017

This hotel has easy access close to a highway exit, but if you stay facing the highway it can get loud. I asked for a front facing room and it was quiet.

This hotel has a connected waterpark, so during the week it was not crazy, but I can imagine during weekends, there are a lot of kids.

Rooms were comfortable, clean.

Breakfast was busy, a lot of people.

Overall, very much standard with a Farifield property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2017

This is terrible experience among my hotel stay!

My whole family stayed there last weekend and we had a great fun with water park facility next to the hotel. When returned from trip, I had a ~20 bites and my wife has ~10 bites. Firstly we could not think of bedbugs or ticks, until skim got itch and shapes of bitten are bedbugs after returning. I stayed 2nd floor, room 236. Then I found another review from others in this tripadvisor, who has similar experience one week ago. (He got $50 discount? but I cannot imagine that Marriott keeps this level of cleanness)
This is 2nd time visiting of this hotel (2015?? and this year?), but this time I cannot believe this is one of Marriott brand hotel. I stayed Marriott more than 400 nights lifetime, but is WORST!! I cannot recommend anyone to use Marriott from any more, even myself.

1  Thank lmy0611
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

lmy0611,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide the best service to our guest that we can; I am so sorry to hear that there you were not pleased with your recent stay. Please contact my at the hotel so that I can work with you to resolve your concerns. Again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Nice and clean with easy access. Continental breakfast was as good as I have seen. Staff were helpful but not always present. Good counter space and nice towels in in the bathroom. Ceiling had little sound proofing, and could hear every step and noise from the room above us. Walls seemed okay but don't know if anyone was in adjacent rooms. Property was advertised with restaurant and lounge, however, we were surprised to find they are only open during the winter when the water park is busy. There was a lounge in the lobby, but is only used for large private gatherings such as weddings. A couple other minnow things were that the TV response was extremely slow and could not get a blinking light on the phone to stay off. Would go off momentarily but would always come back on. Property was good value for the area and had a lot of positives, but too many negatives/suprises to give a very good rating.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor or with an empty room above you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

nsuciu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide the best service to our guest that we can; I am so sorry to hear that there you we were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I am sorry that our team fell short with regard to the noise; I was, however, very pleased that you were impressed with our friendliness. Please contact my at the hotel so that I can work with you to resolve your concerns. Again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Just returned from a night here with my husband and two kids from staying one night. We must have not gotten the luck of the draw with these newly renovated rooms from other reviews because this room was far from fresh and clean. First floor room 139. I woke up because I felt something crawling on my arm, I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom to throw it in the sink and flip on the lights. Not knowing what it was exactly, I pulled my kids out of the bed and starting pulling back all the sheets. I pulled back the tucked in portion at the foot of the bed only to find yellow stains and what looked like a white egg with some insect inside of it. I called the front desk and someone came and inspected everything, didn't see evidence of bed bugs, and they said it was a tick that I could have brought it in on my shoe ... really... We were at the hotel indoor waterpark all afternoon and all showered before bed so I don't believe this was the case. They said the thing that looked like a insect egg on the sheets was "lint" and wiped it away. There was no sign of bed begs but I got $50 off my room, which should have been comped. This is a Marriott hotel not Super 8! Very disgusted, disappointed and still itchy. Beware.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Melbell5581,

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We stayed there last weekend for a wedding in the St. Joe area. The hotel has been recently refurbished and looks very nice. Really nice beds, bedding and living space. The free breakfast area is large and well stocked and the food was good. Close to several wineries and the Blue Dress Barn, which is the wedding event place we visited.