“Bridal shower travelers”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Watervliet
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We had five families who stayed at this hotel after attending an area bridal shower at a local vineyard. We were greeted by some young-college-age workers. They were very friendly and helpful. The foyer was newer and smartly decorated. The rooms were nice and clean. There is a snack depot where forgotten or needed items and/or snacks/pop can be bought. Keep in mind that there is a dollar store going north on the main road before you pay there very high prices. Also, there is a Subway sandwich shop across the street.

We took our two grandchildren, ages 7 and 8 to the hotel's attached waterpark...Safari Joe's. We were told that since we used an ihg reward night, we had to pay $25 per kid for entrance to the waterpark. It is a very small waterpark. However, they said that guests could use the pools but not the large water slide...so that's what we did. The next morning all five families sat together and had a delicious breakfast with plenty of food. Bery nice selection of sausage, ham, scrambled eggs and many breads, cereals and yogurts, too.Regular prices for this hotel are over $200 per room, but if you're looking for a fun getaway with kids, it is worth it!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank frenchlady1200

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel has easy access close to a highway exit, but if you stay facing the highway it can get loud. I asked for a front facing room and it was quiet.

This hotel has a connected waterpark, so during the week it was not crazy, but I can imagine during weekends, there are a lot of kids.

Rooms were comfortable, clean.

Breakfast was busy, a lot of people.

Overall, very much standard with a Farifield property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is terrible experience among my hotel stay!

My whole family stayed there last weekend and we had a great fun with water park facility next to the hotel. When returned from trip, I had a ~20 bites and my wife has ~10 bites. Firstly we could not think of bedbugs or ticks, until skim got itch and shapes of bitten are bedbugs after returning. I stayed 2nd floor, room 236. Then I found another review from others in this tripadvisor, who has similar experience one week ago. (He got $50 discount? but I cannot imagine that Marriott keeps this level of cleanness)
This is 2nd time visiting of this hotel (2015?? and this year?), but this time I cannot believe this is one of Marriott brand hotel. I stayed Marriott more than 400 nights lifetime, but is WORST!! I cannot recommend anyone to use Marriott from any more, even myself.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

lmy0611,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide the best service to our guest that we can; I am so sorry to hear that there you were not pleased with your recent stay. Please contact my at the hotel so that I can work with you to resolve your concerns. Again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Nice and clean with easy access. Continental breakfast was as good as I have seen. Staff were helpful but not always present. Good counter space and nice towels in in the bathroom. Ceiling had little sound proofing, and could hear every step and noise from the room above us. Walls seemed okay but don't know if anyone was in adjacent rooms. Property was advertised with restaurant and lounge, however, we were surprised to find they are only open during the winter when the water park is busy. There was a lounge in the lobby, but is only used for large private gatherings such as weddings. A couple other minnow things were that the TV response was extremely slow and could not get a blinking light on the phone to stay off. Would go off momentarily but would always come back on. Property was good value for the area and had a lot of positives, but too many negatives/suprises to give a very good rating.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor or with an empty room above you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

nsuciu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide the best service to our guest that we can; I am so sorry to hear that there you we were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I am sorry that our team fell short with regard to the noise; I was, however, very pleased that you were impressed with our friendliness. Please contact my at the hotel so that I can work with you to resolve your concerns. Again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Just returned from a night here with my husband and two kids from staying one night. We must have not gotten the luck of the draw with these newly renovated rooms from other reviews because this room was far from fresh and clean. First floor room 139. I woke up because I felt something crawling on my arm, I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom to throw it in the sink and flip on the lights. Not knowing what it was exactly, I pulled my kids out of the bed and starting pulling back all the sheets. I pulled back the tucked in portion at the foot of the bed only to find yellow stains and what looked like a white egg with some insect inside of it. I called the front desk and someone came and inspected everything, didn't see evidence of bed bugs, and they said it was a tick that I could have brought it in on my shoe ... really... We were at the hotel indoor waterpark all afternoon and all showered before bed so I don't believe this was the case. They said the thing that looked like a insect egg on the sheets was "lint" and wiped it away. There was no sign of bed begs but I got $50 off my room, which should have been comped. This is a Marriott hotel not Super 8! Very disgusted, disappointed and still itchy. Beware.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Brad S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Melbell5581,

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stayed there last weekend for a wedding in the St. Joe area. The hotel has been recently refurbished and looks very nice. Really nice beds, bedding and living space. The free breakfast area is large and well stocked and the food was good. Close to several wineries and the Blue Dress Barn, which is the wedding event place we visited.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is a clean, comfortable, quiet Fairfield Inn. We prefer Fairfield (and other Marriott properties) because we can always count on them. Customer service was great. This one would have been rated a 5 except that some of the amenities were lacking - the TV was marginal at best - the most basic package available, and no HD channel options; in-room glasses were cheap plastic and coffee cups were just typical paper cups. It was nice, however, that hotel guests were able to use Surfari Joe's pool and lazy river as part of the deal.
And if you're looking for a great place to eat, check out Board of Trade on Paw Paw Lake.Forget about TJ's (doesn't like "foreigners.")

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watervliet
22.9 km away
27 km away
Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor
18.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Watervliet St. Joseph? Share your experiences!