“small outlet of the Dearborn baklava Mecca”
Review of Shatila Bakery

Shatila Bakery
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed September 16, 2017

OK, we love Shatila in Dearborn. It's a destination. It's nice to have this small branch near where we are in West Bloomfield. It's great baklava...but it's a tiny outlet...not a destination.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I have been to Shatila Bakery in Dearborn but this was my first visit to the smaller and quieter West Bloomfield branch. I wanted to buy dessert for a birthday party and this bakery supplied the perfect treats. They will sell you small and large trays of Middle Eastern pastries of your own choosing (a single variety or mix and match). You can also buy items by the piece. The pastries turned out to be crisp, sweet and delicious, and much better than the varieties I've tried near my home. I think that was because of their freshness. They really were good! The stores also has cakes and ice cream.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2017

I wanted to order Middle Eastern pastries for my daughter's graduation party and my friend suggested this place. Wow! Every type of pastry you could imagine as well as cakes and ice cream. I'm not a baklava fan, but my friend said it was good. My favorite thing was a "nest" (???) with pistachios. Kind of like baklava but in a different format. SO good. It isn't as sweet as some that I've tasted and I liked that. I ended up buying 2 boxes of an assortment of 60 pieces each. Very reasonable prices I thought. My party guests were very pleased. I would visit again for sure.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 22, 2017

It was my birthday and my son wanted to get me a dessert. So we decided to try this place because it was opened to 10 pm. That way we could swing by after having our dinner. It seems like a nice place to grab a ice cream or other type of dessert and sit out side on a summer's night and enjoy. There were many people enjoying doing just that.

There are many shredded wheat desserts, baklava, cakes, candies and ice cream. I ordered Tiramisu and my son ordered Cheese Cake. I have eaten Tiramisu before but here it was bland. It should have a coffee flavor I could not taste it. My son felt his cheese cake was bland as well. He said, the graham cracker crust had no flavor. We also got Turkish delight candies. That was the best of all. Definitely get some of those when you come.

I would come again to try the Baklava or the ice cream.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Their cakes are beautiful and delicious, and very reasonably priced in my opinion. You get great bang for your buck. We have been to the Dearborn location multiple times and enjoyed it, but this is a great place since it is smaller and conveniently located for us. We also purchased some other small pastry items with pistachios and cashews which were amazing, and we also tried their savory meat, spinach, and cheese filled dough (sorry I do not knoe the technical names for them!!!). We really love Shatila and will be back!

Date of visit: November 2016